7 Layer Taco Dip is so delicious and easy! Hosting a party or having a movie night with the family? Make this undeniably delicious 7 Layer Dip that will have your family and friends raving over how good it tastes.
What Is 7 Layer Dip?
Seven Layer Dip is a flavorful dip that tastes great with tortilla chips. When preparing this dip, you will layer assorted ingredients one on top of the other until you have created your seven layers. It contains beef, cheese, guacamole, and other assorted ingredients, all of which will remind you of some of your favorite tacos and burritos. If you enjoy Mexican-style meals, you will love this dip.
What to Use to Make 7 Layer Dip
You will use several important ingredients to put this 7 Layer Bean Dip together. The ingredients needed include:
- Refried Beans. Grab a 16 oz. can of refried beans to add to your dip.
- Ground Beef. You will need a pound of lean ground beef that you can season and cook until brown.
- Cream Cheese. Allow your cream cheese to sit out and get soft before you add it to this dip.
- Taco Seasoning. Use your favorite brand of taco seasoning or make your own with different spices.
- Salsa. Add a bit of salsa to the dip to give it a refreshing touch.
- Cheddar Cheese. Spread cheddar cheese over the top of your dip.
The other ingredients needed include milk, sour cream guacamole, black olives, and sliced green onions. You will use the olives last, spreading them out over the shredded cheese.
Ground Beef Substitutes for this taco dip recipe
Ground beef goes great when used as an ingredient in this dip, but there are alternatives you can use if you do not eat it or do not have it available to use. Ground pork, ground turkey, and ground chicken are three great options. If you prefer not to use any ground meat, you might want to use shredded seasoned chicken breast that you can prepare in advance and add to the dish.
Do I Make Fresh Guacamole or Buy it for the 7 layer taco dip?
You can make fresh guacamole using avocados, red onion, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, and diced tomatoes. However, if you would rather buy it pre-made, you can find tasty guacamole at your local grocery store. It is usually available near the deli with hummus. You will notice there are different guacamole variations, including spicy options. Choose the one you will enjoy the most for this easy taco dip.
Which Salsa Is Best to Use?
You can use traditional salsa, but there are also several other types of salsa that pair well with sour cream, ground beef, cheese, and refried beans. Mango salsa, for example, will add a slightly sweet touch to your dip. Corn salsa is another great option consisting of fresh whole kernel corn, diced tomatoes, diced onions, and cilantro.
Can I Add Corn to the 7 Layer Dip?
There is nothing wrong with adding corn to the 7 Layer Dip Recipe. While this dip tastes great just the way it is, adding corn will add even more flavor to it. You can add the corn in with the refried beans when creating your layers.
Cheddar Cheese Alternatives
If you do not have cheddar cheese, you can use sharp cheddar cheese, Mexican blend, or fiesta blend cheese in this easy Taco dip.
What to Eat With the 7 Layer Dip
Crispy tortilla chips are perfect to serve with the 7 Layer Dip. You can make homemade tortilla chips using soft tortillas in the air fryer. You might also want to buy different types of tortilla chips. Tostitos is a brand that makes a version of tortilla chips known as scoops. These scoops are even better for the dip because they can hold more of it without breaking into pieces.
How to Store Your Dip
If you assemble the dip in a glass, plastic, or aluminum foil tray and cover it with a sheet of foil. Be sure to put the dip in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Because it contains sour cream, cream cheese, and other cheeses, it is important to keep it cold until you are ready to put it out on display for guests to eat. If you make it in advance, you can expect the dip to stay fresh for up to five days.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
7 Layer Taco Dip
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole prepared
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 sliced green onions
- Place salsa in a sieve to drain any liquid (to keep the dip from getting runny).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, drain any extra fat and mix in the taco seasoning.
- Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Then, layer on the taco meat.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Dollop and carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over the refried beans.
- Stir the sliced green onions into the guacamole and spread over the cream cheese mixture. Then spread the drained salsa.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and then the olives.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.