Banana Pudding Cheesecake is so creamy and delicious, it takes every ones favorite classic banana pudding and turns it into an incredible cheesecake!
Take your favorite pudding recipe and turn it into a delicious cheesecake dessert with this recipe for Banana Pudding Cheesecake. It combines instant pudding, cream cheese, and even fresh bananas to create a decadent treat.
What Is Banana Pudding?
Banana pudding is a creamy dessert that often contains real pieces of banana and vanilla cookies. Some people use Nilla wafers to add a bit of a crunch to the pudding. It is a classic sweet treat that goes great with whipped cream.
What Do You Need to Make Banana Pudding Cheesecake?
You will need specific ingredients to make the crust, cheesecake filling, and toppings. When preparing the crust, be sure to have:
Nilla Wafers. You are going to need to crush the wafers into crumbs that you can use to prepare a crust for your cheesecake.
Melted Butter. Use melted butter mixed with the crushed wafers to create a flavorful, crunchy crust that tastes great.
After you make the crust, you will need several ingredients to make the cheesecake filling, including:
Cream Cheese. Leave it out for a few minutes to allow the cream cheese to get soft.
Granulated Sugar. Mix your cream cheese with granulated sugar to give it a sweeter taste.
Banana Cream Instant Pudding Mix. Use any brand of banana cream instant pudding mix.
The other ingredients needed for the filling include flour, vanilla extract, heavy whipping cream, and eggs.
Besides the ingredients for the crust and cheesecake filling, you should have banana slices, extra Nilla wafer cookies, and some whipped cream to use as toppings for your cheesecake slices.
Do You Have to Use Nilla Wafers?
You do not have to use Nilla wafers. While this recipe does include Nilla wafers, you can use other vanilla coffees that will taste great with it. Some other options include Golden Oreos, Keebler Vienna Fingers, and Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies. It is best to use a vanilla-flavored cookie that will add a crunch to your cheesecake.
Other Ingredients You Can Add to Your Banana Pudding Cheesecake
While this Banana Pudding Cheesecake is great on its own, you do have the option of adding more to it. When you add whipped cream and slices of banana to your cheesecake, you might also want to include some chopped pecans or chopped walnuts. You can also drizzle chocolate sauce on top of the cheesecake. The chocolate sauce will go great with the banana flavor.
How Do You Store the Cheesecake?
Allow your cheesecake to cool before you store it. Once it cools down, you can stick it in your refrigerator. Slice it into individual serving slices, wrap the slices in plastic wrap, and keep them in the refrigerator. Add an extra layer of protection by wrapping the cheesecake slices in foil after putting plastic wrap over them. You can keep your cheesecake in the fridge for up to five days before eating it. If you need to freeze it, wrap the cheesecake well enough. You can keep it in the freezer for about six months before you would need to put it in the fridge to let it defrost and then eat it.
How Many Servings Does the Recipe Provide?
When you follow the Banana Pudding Cheesecake recipe, it will provide enough for up to 14 people. If you are planning to make the dessert for a large group or social gathering, you will need to prepare more than one to have enough for everyone to enjoy.
Can I Use a Granulated Sugar Substitute?
Yes, you can use a substitute for granulated sugar, but it may alter the taste of your Banana Pudding Cheesecake a bit. Light brown sugar and maple syrup are two different ingredients that can work well in this recipe as an alternative for granulated sugar. Of course, it is best to stick to the recipe and use granulated sugar.
How Long Does It Take to Prepare the Banana Pudding Cheesecake?
It will take around 15 minutes for you to prepare your crust and cheesecake filling. Once you have prepared these ingredients and put them together, it will take around 90 minutes for your cheesecake to bake. You may need an additional 30 minutes to allow it to cool and add toppings to it. You can add the toppings in a decorative way to make your Banana Pudding Cheesecake look as good as it will taste.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter- melted
- 4- 8 oz packs of cream cheese-softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1 (3.9 oz.) package banana cream instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 eggs- at room temperature
- Fresh banana slices
- Nilla wafer cookies
- Whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9” springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Start by pulsing nilla wafer cookies in a food processor until you get about 1 ½ cups crumbs.
- Add in all remaining crust ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Pour the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and using a clean hand or a spatula, press down to form the crust.
- Be sure to take some up the sides of the pan as well.
- Bake on 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Start by adding your room temperature cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment.
- Cream until light and fluffy and you do not see any lumps.
- Add sugar and flour and mix for about 1 minute.
- Add the banana cream instant pudding mix and mix until just combined.
- While the mixture is on low speed, add vanilla extract and the heavy whipping cream and mix for 1-2 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add each egg one at a time. Allow each egg to combine fully before adding the next.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and place the cheesecake in the center of your oven and bake at 350 for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 200 degrees F. and bake for an additional 55 minutes-1 hour or until the center slightly jiggles.
- Once the cheesecake is done baking, crack the oven door and allow the cheesecake to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate overnight until completely set.
- Once the cheesecake is set, top with whipped cream, fresh banana slices, and nilla wafer cookies and serve.