Bangin’ Blueberry Pie is filled with real juicy blueberry filling and topped with a buttery, flaky crust! It is not only easy to make but is sure to be a hit!
Blueberry pie is one of those recipes you at least have to make once each year, if not more!
Blueberry is my all time favorite pie, its honestly hard to beat!
You can use premade crusts or do homemade – depends how much effort you want to put in 😉
The sweet blueberry filling is nice & thick with tons of juicy blueberries!
The crust is perfectly flaky, butter-y perfection, it is pure heaven on a fork!
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries, if they’re in season for you, do fresh, if not, frozen works just fine!
Great thing about this pie is that in can sit at room temp for about a day, after that throw it in the fridge 🙂
It even freezes well and can last in an airtight container/freezer bag for up to two months!
I am doing a ‘Cake series’ , ‘pie series’ and a ‘frosting series’ here on my blog- for all you lovely bakers out there! be sure to check them all out!
I had to do a bunch of photos with this one, because I wanted to be sure to include in process photos so you would get a better idea on how to do the pretty crust 🙂
Theres nothing better than warm blueberry pie with a perfect buttery, flakey crust topped with cold vanilla ice cream!
Sprinkle with some sparkling sugar and top with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream for a dessert that is sure to please!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Bangin' Blueberry Pie!
- 3 premade rolled pie crust
- 6 C fresh blueberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 C cornstarch
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 basting brush
Makes 1 9 inch pie
- In a large sauce pan , combine the blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, corn starch, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Place the pot over medium to high heat and lightly mash together the ingredients.
- While the filling is cooking, gradually stir the mixture until it starts to thicken up, about 5-7 minutes
- Once it starts to thicken, turn the heat to low and allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll two pie crust and place into the pie pan
- Scoop the blueberry filling into the pie crust
- Unroll the third pie crust onto a cutting board
- Cut the pie crust into 2 inch strips
- Weave the pie crust strips onto the top of the pie filling
- Brush the top with heavy whipping cream
- Place the blueberry pie onto a cookies sheet and place into the oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into slices and serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream