Cherry Dr Pepper Cake only takes only 5 ingredients including the frosting and its to die for delicious with the most incredible cherry buttercream frosting!
It takes only these ingredients below to create one of the best ever tasting cakes with mouthwatering homemade buttercream frosting!
The combination of chocolate cake and cherry frosting is beyond anything you’ve tasted before- it is sure to be a huge hit!
Perfect for bake sales, holidays, parties or even just for an amazing dessert that the entire family is sure to love you for!
You can even switch up the cake mix for other flavors like vanilla – which is on my list to try! This amazing recipe is based off of Donna- from the slow roasted italians blog! Be sure to check her out for awesome recipes!!
This recipe is seriously amazing!! The addition of Dr Pepper Soda makes the cake so ultra moist and flavorful. I really like this recipe because it is very rich!
So I can have 1/2 a serving and get my sweet tooth fix and not feel bad about the portion!
Serve topped with ice cream!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cherry Dr Pepper Cake!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, only using the dry mix
- 1 1/2 C Dr. Pepper Cherry Soda
- 1 jar maraschino cherries with no stem (Remove 24 cherries from the jar and set aside)
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 C powdered sugar, plus 2 more cups if needed
- 1 container of chocolate shavings (optional) (Found at Hobby Lobby)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with pam baking spray and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, mix together the cake mix and soda until combined
- Cut the cherries in half and mix into the batter
- Pour the cake batter into the baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cake to cool completely before frosting
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powdered sugar and cherry juice until combined and stiff
- If your frosting is thin, add in another cup of powdered sugar
- Scoop the frosting onto the cake and and smooth evenly with a angled spatula
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings onto the frosting and add a few cherries
- Place into the fridge for an hour to allow the frosting to harden before cutting!
Cake Directions :
Cherry Frosting Directions :