Orange Creamsicle Buttercream Frosting is unlike any frosting you’ve tried before! Its insanely scrumptious & is perfect to top your cakes, cupcakes or even right off the spoon! It’s so simple and easy!
Just look at that perfect consistency – it literally makes my mouth water in anticipation for the next time I make it!
Packed full of real orange flavor, it is smooth and creamy and perfect to top chocolate cupcakes with (my personal favorite) or to frost a cake!
Theres no need to buy that gross frosting in a can at the supermarket filled with junk when you can make an incredible homemade buttercream right at home that tastes a million times better than anything you will get out of a can!
This recipe for frosting is part of my ‘series’of incredible frostings that I have here on the blog, be sure to check out all the others! from original buttercream to chocolate buttercream!
I also have a red velvet coming as well as a mint, lemon, blueberry and raspberry!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Orange Creamsicle Buttercream Frosting!
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp Orange soda, flattened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1-3 drops of orange food coloring (optional if you want a more vibrant color)
- Using a standing mixer, cream together all ingredients and mix until combined and creamy
- Scoop into a container with a sealed lid and place into the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Before using for cupcakes or to frost a cake, allow to thaw to room temperature and beat again to make creamy and thick.