Chicken Fajita Pasta is one of my families most favorite dinner recipes!
Its Ultra flavorful and everyone who tries it, goes crazy for it!
The chicken is perfectly seasoned and whats even more awesome? Its SUPER easy to make!!
It takes only about 20 minutes!
This recipe takes Taco Tuesday to a whole other level of amazing!
This is sure to make it onto your weekly dinner rotation!
This recipe I first saw/tired on Kevin & Amanda (one of my favorite food blogs that I follow!)
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Chicken Fajita Pasta!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch bite size cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet of taco or fajita seasoning (I used Taco Bell Taco Seasoning)
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 3 multicolored Bell Peppers, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth (I used Swanson)
- 10 oz of your favorite pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- Take the cubed chicken and season with half the packet of taco/fajita seasoning & set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat one tablespoon olive oil with the seasoned chicken, cooking about 1-2 minutes each side until browned, remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the hot skillet then add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining taco seasoning. Cook while stirring until they are softened.
- Turn heat down to LOW, then add in the minced garlic, stirring for about one minute, then remove and set aside with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth, cream, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, salt & pepper.
- Mix until combined then bring to a boil for about one minute
- Reduce the heat to LOW , cover and cook for 12 or so minutes or until pasta is tender & liquid is absorbed (mostly)
- Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir for about about 3 minutes.