Chicken Lombardy is one gourmet dinner on a budget! If your family already loves eating Italian cuisine, rest assured that they’re going to thoroughly enjoy this Chicken Lombardy recipe. It’s fabulous!
Make a flavorful meal consisting of chicken, marsala wine, mushrooms, and other fresh ingredients with this recipe for Chicken Lombardy. It has a similar taste to Olive Garden’s version of the incredible dish.
Chicken is such a versatile type of meat because there are hundreds of different ways to prepare it. If you’ve been preparing the same type of chicken for a while, you may be interested in trying something new and delicious that your family will love. If so, try this irresistible Chicken Lombardy recipe.
The meat is tender, flavorful, and juicy with a creamy sauce consisting of chicken stock, butter, marsala wine, and more. The addition of mushrooms adds flavor and texture to the meal while making it even better for you.
Olive Garden Chicken Lombardy
Chicken Lombardy is the perfect meal to make for a dinner date with you and your significant other. While this is the perfect dish for adults, kids enjoy it just as much. So, if you need to make dinner for the family, try this recipe! You won’t have trouble getting your children to eat the mushrooms in this recipe because of how flavorful they’ll taste with all the other ingredients added to the dish.
What Is Chicken Lombardy?
Chicken Lombardy is a savory baked chicken dish consisting of mushroom, parmesan cheese, green onions, and several other ingredients. It’s tender, flavorful, and good for you! It’s the perfect dish to serve with a side of mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, or even your favorite type of pasta.
Which type of mushrooms should I use in this recipe?
Use Baby Bella mushrooms for this recipe. They offer an incredible flavor and a soft texture that pairs well with the chicken in the sauce that you’ll create using broth and other ingredients. If you don’t have Baby Bella mushrooms, it’s fine to use what you already have on hand. However, if you’re planning to shop for the ingredients to make this meal, stick with getting a package of sliced mushrooms.
Can I use chicken thighs for this recipe?
It’s best to use boneless, skinless chicken breast that you can flatten and cut lengthwise. However, if you only have chicken thighs, you can use them in this recipe. You’ll still need to flatten the chicken thighs as much as possible when adding them to the baking dish with the rest of the ingredients.
Where can I find marsala wine?
Most grocery stores sell marsala wine. However, it depends on where you live. If you can’t find it in the grocery store, check your local Wine and Spirits store. You might also want to order the wine online for use in this recipe.
How long does this dish need to bake?
You’ll need to leave the baking pan full of ingredients in the oven for roughly 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how hot your oven gets. Be sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken before you slice into this meal and serve it. The best way to make sure your chicken cooks through within the 15-20 minute period is to have your oven preheated to 450F before you place your baking pan inside it.
Can I add more vegetables to Chicken Lombardy?
If you’d like to add more than just the green onions and sliced mushrooms to your Chicken Lombardy, it’s fine to do that. You can add what you like, such as sliced baby carrots, frozen peas, or frozen corn. These are a few examples of some of the different vegetables that will taste good with the chicken and mushrooms in the flavorful sauce that you’re preparing.
What should I serve with this dish?
You can serve this dish with some of your favorite sides. It tastes great with buttered noodles, mashed potatoes, and even baked potatoes. If you like roasted vegetables, you can prepare them and serve them on the side of your Chicken Lombardy. It’s up to you to choose what you like best. You might also want to prepare some garlic bread and a fresh salad to serve alongside this meal.
How can I store the leftovers?
You can put your leftovers in a food storage container with a lid or leave them in the baking pan, covering it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the fridge to keep it fresh. When stored in the fridge, your Chicken Lombardy should stay fresh for up to five days. You can easily reheat the leftovers in the microwave.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 (8oz.) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, and cut in half, lengthwise
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon corn starch + 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 or 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450F and lightly grease a 13x9inch baking dish.
- Flatten each piece of chicken to about a 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of plastic.
- In a large skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add in mushrooms and saute until tender (3 to 5 minutes).
- Move cooked mushrooms to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Put flour on a flat plate and evenly coat each piece of chicken in it.
- In the mushroom skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 more tablespoons of butter and add two piece of chicken at a time, letting them cook until golden on both sides.
- Move to a separate plate and repeat with remaining butter and chicken.
- Whisk broth and wine into the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl then whisk into the prepared sauce.
- Let simmer for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat when thickened and set aside. Move chicken to prepared baking dish and sprinkle sautéed mushrooms over them.
- Top evenly with sauce and sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!