Crack chicken noodle soup literally broke the internet when it first came about. This is a delicious chicken noodle soup that is paired with diced bacon, cream cheese, dry ranch mix, cheddar cheese, and more. A satisfying dinner that the whole family can enjoy. Crack noodle soup is a must-make recipe for when you are craving a comforting chicken recipe.
This Crack Chicken Noodle Soup is literally one of the best recipes you will try! It’s my top most viewed and loved on my entire blog!
Everyone that has tried it raves about it, It’s pure comfort food at it’s best! Want to use your Instant Pot? Well, you can! My friend Rachel over at SweetteeandSprinkles has an incredible Chicken Noodle Soup recipe that only takes just a few minutes to make using your Instant Pot!
Reasons You Will Love This Soup
- An easy soup that is great for the cold weather season.
- This is a stick-to-your-bones type of soup that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- Family-friendly recipe that kids will enjoy eating as well.
- You can customize the soup to fit your flavor preferences if you want to change up the ingredients.
- Great for serving up to a crowd or just for you and your family.
- Reheats really well for dinner or even lunches throughout the week.
Chicken – You can use cooked shredded chicken that you have on hand. Or cook up some chicken breasts that you then shred or dice into pieces.
Condensed Soup – Chicken condensed soup is going to help give this soup that creamy texture.
Stock – Chicken stock works great for this recipe. I opted for a low-sodium stock but you can easily use a classic chicken stock or broth.
Milk – Whole milk is going to offer the richest flavor. You can use skim milk, 2 percent milk, etc.
Vegetables – Carrots and celery were both used to help enhance the flavor of the chicken crack soup even more.
Ranch Dressing Mix – It must be dry ranch mix for this, not liquid ranch. The ranch mix is going to elevate the flavor tremendously.
Bacon – Thick-cut bacon that is cooked and diced into bite-size pieces is key. You want it crispy so that it really enhances the flavor.
Cheese – I opted for a mild cheddar cheese, but any flavor of cheese works. Sharp, Colby Jack, etc.
Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is going to really richen the flavor of the soup and offer a thicker consistency.
Spaghetti – You can use spaghetti or angel hair for the noodles in the recipe.
Pro Tips For Success
You will use the vegetables and the dry ranch seasoning to create a variety of flavors which all work together for a bold flavor. You can also season with salt and pepper at the end to taste.
Make sure that the chicken is fully cooked before you go to cook up the soup. Now you can use leftover chicken you have on hand, rotisserie chicken, etc. Or you cook up the chicken in a skillet or in a pot on the stovetop.
Low Sodium Stock
Now one thing is the ranch dry mix is rich in salty flavor, so using a low sodium stock to help control the salt.
Thicken As Needed
If you find your soup is not thickening the way you want, you can mix cornstarch and water to create a cornstarch slurry. Just mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water, and mix it into the soup mixture. After a few minutes, it will thicken.
Simmer The Soup
Allowing a slow simmer is key to getting the flavors from blending together but also helping to not curdle the cream cheese. If you go to boiling the mixture once the cream cheese is in there, it can cause a clumpy texture to the cream cheese.
Refrigerate any of the soup you do not eat in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days. You can reheat the soup on the stovetop or microwave.
Now you can freeze the soup as well for up to 4-5 months. But it will create a more tender pasta once it thaws from being frozen. But the flavor will still be delicious.
How Can I Make Crack Chicken Soup Gluten-Free?
Make sure the ranch seasoning mix is gluten-free and condensed soup that contains no gluten, and then reach for gluten-free pasta. Then you should have a gluten-free soup.
What can I use instead of chicken breast?
So if you do not want to use a chicken breast as the base of the chicken dish, reach for chicken thighs, tenderloins, etc. The idea behind it is to make sure it is a boneless chicken that can be diced and shredded up into bite-size pieces.
How Can I Make the Soup Spicier?
You can dice up some jalapenos and mix in the soup, add a splash of hot sauce, red pepper flakes, or even some cayenne pepper. Any of these items will add a splash of spice to the chicken soup.
What Sides Pair Well with Crack Chicken Soup?
While this soup can be a meal in one, it also can have great sides to accompany it. From crusty bread that is great for dipping, salad, or even a side of veggies. I love using bread for dipping.
More Soup Recipes
Crack Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast You can also use rotisserie chicken
- 1 10.5 oz. can condensed chicken soup
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 1 oz. packet Ranch dressing mix
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 8 oz. Thin Spaghetti or Angel Hair – uncooked
- Cook the Bacon , drain , cut and crumble- set aside.
- Combine chicken, condensed soup, chicken stock, milk, cream cheese, carrots, celery, ranch dressing mix, and crumbled bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- add noodles and cheese and simmer until noodles are fully cooked.
Top with extra crumbled bacon if desired