Cream Cheese Banana Bread is the ultimate way to eat moist banana bread with a layer of cheesecake stuffed right in the center!
This recipe is perfect for the upcoming Holidays, its great for bake sales, pot lucks, get togethers or even as a wonderful dessert or breakfast that they entire family will love you more for!
Ultra simple ingredients, using many things you already have in your kitchen or pantry– I adore those types of recipes where nothing crazy is involved!
Don’t let me calling it ‘bread’ fool you… It might be considered a bread in all the usual ways, like it is baked in a loaf pan and it can be sliced – but this ‘bread’ has the texture of an ultra dense, delicious and moist cake.
My all time favorite part of this bread is that since its technically called bread, its totally acceptable to have it with your coffee in the morning for breakfast 😉 … Just a slice is like enjoying dessert for breakfast!
You may be asking “why would I want a layer of sweet cream cheese baked into my banana bread”? I know banana bread itself is sensationally delicious but adding this incredible center layer to this bread, it takes it to a whole other level of amazing!
Remember, cheesecake itself is amazing and so is banana bread- combining the two makes this one huge hit with anyone who tries a slice!
Adding in the cream cheese cheesecake layer in the center is all about increasing the moisture and the delicious density. The end result is a cake-like bread that amplifies the sweet taste of the bananas!
One of the best things is that this bread is that it also freezes well! If you want to make multiple loaves or you want to make extras in advance.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter-melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the one cup flour, baking soda and
- salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the 3/4 cup sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, egg + egg yolk,
- until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mash up the bananas and then fold them into the wet mixture.
- Pour the dry mixture into the large bowl and mix everything until combined.
- In a small bowl, cream together the egg, cream cheese, sugar and flour.
- Pour half the bread batter into your prepared pan. Then, spoon the filling mixture
- over the bread and spread around evenly.
- Pour the remaining bread batter on top.
- Sprinkle with the walnut topping and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick
- comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove the bread and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve