Creamy and delicious Chicken Noodle Soup is by far the best recipe out there! Once you try this recipe you’ll never use another!
Are the days cold where you are? Is the family wanting comfort food now that it’s cool weather? This creamy chicken noodle soup is the answer to all their cravings. This is a family favorite recipe!
This soup is so easy to make whether you are just craving soup or you are under the weather and just want some good ole chicken noodle soup like grandma used to make. This soup will leave you feeling warm and cozy on the inside.
You can easily make this soup in under an hour and yes there are shortcuts as always. You can use a rotisserie chicken or even leftover chicken you have stored away. Throw everything in the pot and let it do its magic.
By adding cream cheese and heavy cream you get this amazingly creamy, smooth, delicious soup that everyone in the family will be requesting this winter season.
What will I need to complete this recipe?
Large saucepan such as a Dutch oven, whisk, shredded chicken, carrots, celery onion chicken broth, butter, bay leaf, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cream cheese, heavy cream, and preferred pasta.
What type of chicken did you use?
You can use leftover chicken, make a big batch of chicken in the slow cooker, or even if you are in a pinch for time grab a rotisserie chicken.
What type of pasta can I use?
I like using dumpling pasta but you can use anything like bowtie, ditalini, elbow, or even break spaghetti in smaller pieces.. honestly
Can I make this ahead of time and freeze this soup?
Yes, as with any soup it is freezer friendly as long as you let it cool completely before adding it to a freezer-safe container or bag. When you are ready to serve make sure to thaw out before warming up. This soup will be good for 4 days in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.
If you are making this soup ahead of time you might have to add an extra cup or two cups of chicken broth if you like a thinner broth.
Could you use olive oil instead of butter when sautéing the vegetables?
Yes, you absolutely can.
What other vegetables could I add to this soup?
You are always welcome to add your favorite vegetables or even omit spices that you are not a fan of. If I would suggest I would say to add spinach, broccoli, or even cauliflower.
What if I do not have heavy cream could I use milk?
Heavy cream really helps thicken this soup and makes it rich and creamy so I would say this is a must.
I keep this soup simple for the kids but you can add all your favorite toppings to the soup such as; fresh herbs, chili flakes, shredded cheese, or even fried onion crisp.
Serve soup with sliced bread and butter, biscuits or croissants.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced ¼"
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced ¼"
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter, either salt or unsalted
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6oz. Cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups pasta, dumpling
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Yields: 10 cups
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan sauté, carrots, celery, onion, and butter. Sauté vegetables until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-heat and add in chicken broth, bay leaf, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese and heavy cream, stir broth and let simmer for 5 minutes. 4. Next add in pasta, cover, and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked add in shredded chicken and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and serve when ready.