Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup is creamy, velvety & ultra smooth!
It will leave you feeling like you just ate a real hearty meal, because you did!
It’s creamy with still being brothy enough to sip, like any good soup should be.
And while most soups leave you wanting to eat some type of sandwich later, this awesome soup is filled with chunky beef, veggies and cheese, it ensures you stay full!
Who doesnt just love cheeseburgers?!
This is everything you love about a burger in soup form and its insanely good!
Sometimes, a comforting bowl of soup is all you need.
This incredible soup recipe is our absolute favorite!
Serve with crusty bread, cornbread, or butter rolls.
Some delicious additions/toppings for this soup include bacon, chives or even sour cream!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chicken broth OR beef broth (chicken seems to give better flavor)
- half a stick of butter
- 2 cups whole milk OR heavy cream OR half/half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz of Velveeta, cubed (optional but recommended)
- 8 oz of full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of adobo (red top, found in the spanish section)
- In a large 6 quart crock pot/slow cooker add in your potatoes, onions, carrots, dried basil, salt , pepper and parsley, then pour the chicken broth over the contents. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low heat for 7 hours OR on high heat 4 1/2 hours or until potatoes are completely tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender and have been cooking for those hours, its time to cook your beef
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, crumble the meat, add in the minced garlic and adobo, cook until browned, then drain the grease.
- Pour cooked beef into slowcooker/crock pot.
- Pour in the milk into the crockpot and stir to combine everything.
- Add the cubed velveeta, cream cheese and shredded cheese to crock pot. Stir again until the cheeses fully meld into the soup.
- Cover with lid and cook another 30 minutes or until cheeses are fully melted.
- COOK NOTE: if you want a slightly thicker 'soup' you can add in 1/4 cup flour to the soup