Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is irresistibly creamy & packed full of flavor, then topped with loads of cheese and bacon!
The perfect side dish for any occasion that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters!
Leave behind those plain boring old mashed potatoes and introduce everyone to this masterpiece!
The potatoes are ultra creamy, buttery perfection then piled high with bacon and cheese!
Perfect side dish to make in advance!
Everything you love about a loaded baked potato in casserole form!
With all the ways you can enjoy potatoes, this is my familys all time favorite way!
Use any of your favorite cheeses, I am always switching it up for slightly different flavors.
You can also replace the sour cream (if you arent a fan) I promise you cannot taste it but if you would like to substitute, you can replace it with extra cream cheese, about 4-6 ounces.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 2/3 shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large green onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes, until fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease a casserole pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Strain away water and transfer to a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher until smooth and add milk, melted butter, sour cream, cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to the casserole pan and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with bacon. Bake for another 20 minutes, uncovered, and garnish with sliced green onions, the bacon and fresh chopped parsley.