When you want to prepare a meal that’s delicious and filling, give this mouthwatering and hearty Crock Pot Chuck Roast recipe a try!
When you’re craving a satisfying home-cooked meal, give this delicious and easy Crock Pot Chuck Roast a try. It’s the kind of comfort food you’ll look forward to enjoying on a cool evening when you want to warm up and satisfy your hunger.
If you crave the taste of meat and veggies paired together in a juicy broth that keeps the meat nice and tender, you’re in luck! Give this Crock Pot Chuck Roast recipe a try because it’s easy to make and delicious. Not only does it taste great when fresh and ready to serve, but it’s just as good when you’re in the mood for it the next day and are reheating your leftovers.
Why You’ll Love the Crock Pot Chuck Roast
You can prepare the Pot Roast in a Crock Pot in as little as 10 minutes, allowing it to cook while you do other things for six hours.
- It’s such a tasty, comforting meal with meat, potatoes, carrots, and more!
The pot roast is great to have on busy nights when you’re looking for that homemade taste without doing too much work in the kitchen.
Chuck Roast Ingredients
You’ll need a few simple ingredients to prepare this flavorful meal in the slow cooker, including the following:
Chuck Roast – Grab a roast that weighs around three to four pounds.
- Russet Potatoes – Cut the potatoes into quarters before tossing them into your slow cooker.
- Carrots – Chop your carrots into pieces and toss them in. You can use large carrots or baby carrots, whichever you like.
- Onion – Chop your onion into relatively thick, large pieces. They add so much flavor to this roast!
- Worcestershire Sauce – A touch of this sauce takes the flavor to the next level.
Beef Broth – Keep your roast juicy, tender, and ready to eat with some beef broth.
Other ingredients you’ll need include Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, fresh garlic, butter, fresh thyme sprigs, and cornstarch. However, the cornstarch is optional yet works great when preparing your gravy.
Can I slow cook a pot roast on the stove?
Yes, you can make this meal on the stovetop if you don’t have a slow cooker. If you plan to cook it on the stove, make sure to use a large pot and keep the flame low so that it cooks at a slow and steady pace instead of cooking too fast.
What type of onion should I use?
A white or yellow onion would work best in this dish, adding the perfect amount of flavor while pairing well with the other ingredients, including the meat and carrots.
What can I do if I don’t have beef broth?
If you don’t have beef broth, you can make it yourself by combining beef bouillon with water and then thickening it up a bit with some cornstarch. You can also add additional spices that you like to give it more flavor.
Can I add other veggies to this dish?
Of course! Feel free to add what you’d like. However, peas and corn would taste great when tossed into your slow cooker with the other ingredients.
If you don’t want to waste time shredding your roast with two forks, use a handheld mixer or stand mixer to tear the meat apart in seconds. It works like a charm and will help you save time and effort in the long run.
- While russet potatoes are best to use when preparing this flavorful roast, you can always use what you have available, whether you’ve got Yukon gold potatoes or even red potatoes.
When using baby carrots, you can toss them right into the slow cooker with everything else and eat them whole. However, if you plan to use large carrots, be sure to cut them into chunks or thin pieces before putting them in your slow cooker.
Enjoy a wholesome homemade meal made with fresh ingredients that require little to no effort with this recipe for Crock Pot Chuck Roast. You won’t need a lot of ingredients or time and can prep everything in 10 minutes before setting your slow cooker to low and cooking for six hours. It’s the kind of meal that tastes great when served fresh and when enjoyed as leftovers the following day.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 3-4 lb Chuck Roast
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6-7 small Russet Potatoes Quartered
- 3-4 Carrots Chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Medium onion roughly chopped into large pieces
- 1 1/3 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch optional for gravy
- Prepare your roast by seasoning with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning on both
- sides. Wash, peel, and chop all vegetables and set aside.
- Pour the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce into the bottom of your crock pot.
- Add the roast into your pot and top with the fresh garlic, pour the butter overtop and arrange the
- vegetables around the sides of the pot. Top with the thyme sprigs.
- Cover the pot and place on high for 6 hours. Occasionally stir the vegetables and
- pour some liquid over the roast throughout cooking time.
- After the roast can be easily shredded using a fork, make the gravy by taking
- about 1 1/2-2 cups of the liquid from the bottom of the pot and add to a small saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of corn starch or flour and whisk until combined.
- Heat over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Plate the roast and veggies and top with the gravy and fresh parsley