If you’re a coconut lover, you’ll find joy in preparing and devouring this delicious Coconut Cheesecake. It’s a sweet, flavorful treat that you can make from scratch for any holiday or gathering.
Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Are you a fan of sweet coconut treats? If so, you’re going to enjoy preparing this Coconut Cheesecake made with cream cheese, sugar, coconut cream pudding, and a few other ingredients. It has the perfect touch of sweetness and goes great with the homemade crust that you’ll prepare using graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. In less than 90 minutes, you’ll have made a tasty dessert that you can serve to loved ones!
Why You’ll Love This Coconut cheesecake
It has a homemade crust made with graham cracker crumbs that you’ll absolutely love!
- It’s easy to prepare this sweet and flavorful dessert with only a few ingredients, many of which you might already have.
The Coconut Cheesecake is great for different holidays, such as Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and more!
What type of cream cheese do I need for this cheesecake?
You’re going to need full-fat cream cheese. However, the brand isn’t too important. You can use Kraft, Philadelphia (my fav) , or even a generic version of cream cheese. Aldi’s Happy Farms cream cheese is a great alternative if you’re looking for a cheaper option to use when making this delicious dessert.
Do I have to make the crust from scratch?
While you don’t have to make a homemade crust if you truly don’t want to, it’s so simple and easy to do by combining graham cracker crumbs with a bit of melted butter. I personally prefer the homemade crust because it has a fresh taste and is full of flavor, whereas store-bought options are often a bit more on the dry, stale side.
Can I use something other than graham crackers for the crust?
Absolutely. If you don’t want to use graham crackers, you have so many other options. You could use vanilla or traditional Oreo cookies or any other types of cookies that you like. And, if you do end up using graham crackers, you can always use the chocolate kind to prepare a sweet chocolate crust.
Can I still make this dessert if I don’t have a stand mixer?
Yes, you can definitely still make this dessert, even without a stand mixer. You have the option of using a traditional bowl with a hand mixer or even a wooden spoon, depending on what you prefer and normally use when preparing your favorite desserts.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- If you don’t have heavy whipping cream, you can combine milk and butter to prepare the heavy whipping cream or use half-and-half as a replacement.
- When you’re broiling your coconut flakes, be sure to monitor them the whole time because they’ll burn quickly. The key is to remove them from the oven as soon as you notice they’re golden. If you wait too long, they’ll be burnt, and you won’t want to use them.
- Don’t forget to let your coconut flakes cool before you sprinkle them on top of the cheesecake. In addition to the coconut flakes, you can add a few other ingredients as toppings, such as fresh whipped cream and even some maraschino cherries that will offer such a sweet touch.
How to Store the Coconut Cheesecake
After you’ve prepared the cheesecake, you can wrap it in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the fridge. Keep your cheesecake stored in the fridge to keep it fresh. It will stay fresh for up to three days when placed in the fridge. You can also store your cheesecake in the freezer if you need to save it longer. If you plan to store your cheesecake in the freezer, let it thaw in the fridge before slicing and serving it to avoid biting into the frozen cake.
Enjoy the taste of this tasty Coconut Cream Cheesecake. It has a sweet touch with a homemade cream cheese filling topped with toasted coconut flakes and some of your favorite cheesecake toppings.
It’s the perfect treat for any occasion and any holiday! If you want to impress loved ones with a delicious baked treat that you’ve prepared from scratch, give this recipe a try.
This cheesecake is a recipe you will surely come back to time and time again. Thick and creamy cheesecake with fluffy whipped cream topped with cherries and toasted coconut! It’s the perfect recipe for coconut lovers and summertime parties!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons butter- melted
- 4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese- softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3.4 oz) package coconut cream pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat your oven to 350F. and prepare a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add about 1 1/2 packages graham crackers into a food processor until you get about 2 cups of crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into he prepared springform and use the back of a spoon to pack down to form the crust. Take the crumbs up the sides of the pan about 1 inch.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until nice and smooth and there are no lumps. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the sugar and flour and mix on high for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut pudding mix until just combined.
- Slowly, pour in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined then slowly increase the speed to high and mix for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs in last, one at a time, mixing just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Carefully pour the cheesecake batter in the prepared pan and place in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After 15 minutes, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 50-55 minutes or until the center slightly jiggles (it should resemble Jell-o, not look wavy like water)
- Once the center is set, turn the oven off and slightly crack the oven door for about 15 minutes to allow the cheesecake to cool down slowly.
- Once the 15 minutes are up, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Then place in the refrigerator overnight until completely set.
- Once the cheesecake is set, set your oven on broil, and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1-1 1/2 cups of coconut flakes on the baking tray in a single layer. Place under the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the coconut from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes then sprinkle over top the cheesecake.
- Pipe a border of whipped cream and top with maraschino cherries and serve