Dr Pepper Meatballs are mouthwatering delicious, tender, flavorful and made easily right in your Instant Pot!
I adore using my instant pot since I got it for Christmas! the amazing recipes are endless! I have so many more I cant wait to show you all!
I just made these delicious meatballs for a party we had last weekend and everyone went crazy over them- asking for the recipe! They were super surprised to know I had used a can of Dr Pepper! I stuck toothpicks in them if people wanted to eat them alone and put mini sub rolls if they wanted to make mini subs! Huge HIT!
They came out so very tender – the soda has a special way of doing that to any meat you add it to! I cant wait to post my dr pepper ribs recipe and a roast recipe! seriously the most tender recipes you’ll try!
My family could not get enough. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
I have also tried doing this recipe for meatballs and another recipe for ribs using root beer , it was also amazing! I will be adding that one too very soon! I am making it for Superbowl Sunday!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Dr Pepper Meatballs ( Instant Pot )
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke optional
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 3 ibs ready made meatballs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk, pour into your Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute’ high and bring to a simmer, whisking often.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bbq sauce from the Instant pot and set to the side.
- Clean and dry the Instant pot insert.
- Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot.
- Place the steamer rack inside your Instant Pot and fill it with the meatballs.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally, then drain your meatballs and set aside.
- Discard water from your Instant Pot and pour Dr Pepper BBQ sauce
- Press “Sauté”. and your meatballs and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then serve hot.