The Christmas Cake Roll is unbelievably easy and will be the hit of any Party!
A cake roll is usually filled with whipped cream, jam, or icing usually, this version I did icing!
I used some red food coloring for the center, you can use any color you like though, such as green or red!
Check out the ingredients! SO EASY!
Check out the recipe and instructions below where I will explain how to properly roll it up 🙂
So beautiful and ultra festive- everyone will love it!
Its a show-stopping dessert that’s as fun to slice, as it is to eat 😉
Yule log, cake roll, jelly roll.. whatever you want to call it- or stuff it with, theyre amazing and delicious!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 8 oz Whipped Topping, Cool Whip
- 1 pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Christmas Candy Decorations
- red food coloring
- Grease 15x10x1" jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper.
- Grease and flour paper.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, yogurt and vegetable oil and beat until well blended.
- Spread batter into pan (there will be batter remaining).
- Tap gently on flat surface to remove any trapped air bubbles.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Spread kitchen towel out on countertop and cover with a sheet of parchment paper lerger than cake.
- Dust parchment paper with powdered sugar.
- Carefully flip cake from pan onto prepared parchment paper.
- Remove pan and parchment paper used during baking.
- Starting at a short end, roll up cake with parchment paper and towel inside.
- Place on wire rack to cool for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and add vanilla (and red food coloring if desired).
- Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Unroll cake, removing paper and towel (cracks and breaks should fit back together when you reroll).
- Spread cake with buttercream icing and roll back up.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Mix together whipped topping and dry pudding mix until well mixed.
- Place roll on serving plate.
- Spread topping mixture all over roll.
- Sprinkle with candy decorations.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.