Fresh Strawberry Crisp is filled with juicy strawberries and covered in a crunchy, mouthwatering topping that is to-die-for delcious! Then topped with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream that just takes it to a whole other level!
When working with fresh fruit, you often find that the most simple of recipes like this one really highlight the fruit’s true juicy flavor. This recipe does just that.
This is the ultimate best crisp dessert recipe for anytime of the year! I love it during the summer when the sweet strawberries are ultra fresh and juicy! Or even in the fall when you want a warm dessert covered in ice cream! just in season. Within just a few minutes, the scent of crisp will fill the house! Even your neighbors will try to invite themselves over 🙂
Juicy strawberries are incredible, nestled under a crispy topping! This dessert is easy enough for beginners to serve with pride, but still fancy enough for guests to be dazzeled!
This is such a superb recipe! You can even mix up the berry filling- instead of using strawberries, try blueberries, apples, peaches or even blackberries! I was making this dish for a gathering of 6 people, every person raved and asked for more! Served with vanilla ice cream, the dish was clean by the end of the evening! This recipe is a winner!
I am going to try doing a version using Splenda next time, my brother is diabetic and he really wanted to try some with reduced sugar so I will have to come back here and update how it turns out!
One of the easiest desserts to make! I have always loved the simplicity of this recipe, all the ingredients are always in my pantry. I use frozen mixed berries in the winter time and use fresh berries in the Summer.
I serve with either vanilla ice cream or a mascarpone/whipped cream mixture. I just adore this recipe.
I know ome crisp recipes don’t use oats/oatmeal, which is totally fine if youre not a fan of it but I LOVE the crispy oat topping, i think it compliments the strawberries perfectly!
This delcious dessert would be a beautiful addition to your upcoming holiday baking– its so beautiful as well as scrumptious!
No two ways about it – this is beyond excellent for a simple crisp- Everything in this recipe is spot on; perfectly spiced and sweetened, an ideal ratio of topping to strawberries, and a topping so crunchy the person next to you can HEAR it when you chew! This will be quite the treat.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Fresh Strawberry Crisp
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
For the Filling:
For the Topping:
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a pie pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, OJ, white sugar and stir.
- Add cornstarch and vanilla extract and stir until strawberries are coated.
- Pour strawberry mixture into the pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, white sugar, light brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add melted butter and mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour topping over the strawberry mixtures and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving with ice cream.