Hearty Stuffed Pepper Soup is insanely delicious and mouthwatering and can be low carb by just leaving out the rice!
This classic soup is sure to become a family favorite recipe!
Completely flavorful and filling without all the carbs if you leave the rice out! With just very few simple ingredients, this is a recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
You can use sausage in this recipe, if you’re not in the mood for ground beef! That tastes amazing as well.
Everyone that has tried it raves about it & its sensational favor, It’s pure comfort food at it’s best!
This soup freezes beautifully and can be stored for up to two months in an airtight container!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Hearty Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced in 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced in 1/2" pieces
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups cooked parboiled long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- In a large soup pot over medium high heat, heat oil and add ground beef. Brown meat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Add onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add peppers and saute for 3 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper if using and stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a simmer and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add rice and stir.
- Taste soup and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Serve and garnish with chopped parsley.