Baked Reuben Casserole is everything you love about the classic Reuben sandwich and turning it into one of the best casseroles you’ve ever had!
This recipe was an experiment that turned into a masterpiece!
The Reuben sandwich is the ultimate classic that is a favorite at many restaurants everywhere.
There is also another version called the Rachel sandwich and it is a variation on the standard Reuben, it substitutes pastrami for the corned beef, and coleslaw for the sauerkraut.
With this recipe you can use either pastrami or corned beef, whichever you love more, the taste will still be showstopping delicious.
Classic Reubens use swiss cheese and honestly that tastes the best with this recipe, but if you’re not a fan of swiss you can always use your favorite cheese.
It’s such a satisfying dinner that can be prepped ahead of time (which i love) it’s great for busy weeknight meals!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 6 slices rye bread
- 1 lb. shredded cooked corned beef
- 1 14.5 oz. jar sauerkraut, drained
- 4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup thousand island dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a large casserole pan with cooking spray.
- Cut 4 slices of rye bread and cut in 2-inch cubes.
- Add last 2 slices of rye bread to a food processor and pulse until crumbled.
- Lay cubed rye bread in the casserole pan and top with half of the shredded corn beef.
- Add sauerkraut, pickles, and 1 tsp. caraway seeds evenly over the corned beef.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over top and top with the rest of the shredded corn beef.
- Top with the remaining swiss cheese and caraway seeds.
- Combine milk, eggs, mustard, and thousand island dressing in a liquid measuring cup and whisk until combined.
- Pour over the casserole and sprinkle top with crumbled rye bread.
- Cover the casserole pan with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.