Who needs take-out when you can make your own at home??
Not only that, it tastes even better!
Especially since you KNOW whats going in it 🙂
The recipe is pretty simple and it’s SO delicious.
It uses a beer batter for the chicken and a real lemon sauce too!
Serve over rice or noodles for an incredible dinner for the entire family.
Homemade Battered Lemon Chicken!
- Boneless Chicken, cubed
- 1 cup "fresh" Beer
- 1/2 cup Water
- Pinch salt
- Self Rising Flour (add in small amounts until mixture is thick)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon (for zest)
- 1 Cup water
- Whisk together beer,water,salt and add self raising flour.
- To test when batter is at right consistency -it should coat your finger and not run off, batter should also be smooth and free of lumps
- Cut chicken in little squares and coat it with the batter. Make sure to cover all of it
- Using a wok deep fry chicken in batches in hot oil until golden brown
- Mix cornflour and water to make a smooth paste and set aside
- Grate 1/2 to 1 Lemon, add to a small saucepan along with lemon juice and sugar
- Stir on medium heat until simmering
- Add cornflour paste to saucepan and continue to stir until thickened
- Pour sauce over chicken
- Serve with rice or noodles