This is my easy fresh Shrimp Scampi recipe that I have been making for years.
Its a HUGE family Favorite!
It is fantastic over pasta,over rice or even as an appetizer!
The butter and the garlic just make it melt in your mouth!
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 fresh lemon Juice only
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat your olive oil
- add in your shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent
- Remove from heat an set aside
- Add your chopped garlic into the skillet with the shrimp and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, mixing well.
- DO NOT BROWN THE GARLIC – it changes the taste
- Add in the white wine, and lemon juice.
- Cook until wine is reduced by half. After it is reduced, add Italian seasoning in.
- Lower the heat down and then add in the butter.
- Add in the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish off by sprinkling with grated Parmesan Cheese.