Chicken Parmesan with homemade sauce is ultra flavorful and so easy to make! It has a delicious crispy coating over juicy tender chicken!
Wondering what to make for dinner this evening for your family? This hearty and delicious Chicken Parmesan Recipe will be right up your family’s alley!
Learn how to make a classic Italian-inspired dish with this Chicken Parmesan Recipe. It’s the perfect comfort meal to make for the family, consisting of freshly breaded chicken, mozzarella cheese, and more.
Make Homemade Chicken Parmesan
Have you always wanted to make an impressive meal for the family? If you’re looking for different recipes to try, why not make this Chicken Parmesan Recipe? The crisp breaded chicken pairs perfectly with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese and the homemade sauce made with tomato puree, Italian herbs, and more.
Although it’s a recipe that requires many ingredients and a bit of effort, you won’t regret making this meal for your loved ones. It’s so good that you’re going to want to come back for seconds to get another piece of the crisp and juicy chicken in sauce with cheese.
Why Is This a Good Recipe to Follow?
The Chicken Parmesan Recipe is such a classic dish, but you can put your own spin on it by making everything from scratch.
It’s a homemade meal with simple instructions that make it possible for you to prepare something everyone can enjoy.
It’s a kid-friendly, adult-approved dish worth making for all kinds of special occasions, including holiday dinners and birthday parties.
Instead of buying jarred sauce from the store, you’ll make a homemade sauce using tomato puree with other ingredients, including a blend of flavorful seasonings and sugar that will make it undeniably delicious.
What type of chicken will I need?
When preparing the Best Chicken Parm Recipe, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breast. You can use traditional slices of chicken breast or thin-sliced chicken breast, depending on what you prefer. Some people like it thin and crispy because it fries evenly and tends to have a bit more of a crunch, even when combined with the sauce and cheeses.
Do I need to use fresh garlic in this Breaded Chicken Parmesan?
If possible, use fresh garlic cloves. You’ll need to peel the cloves and then mince the garlic before using it in this recipe. If you don’t have garlic cloves or don’t want to go through the process of mincing the garlic, you can buy minced garlic at the store to use in your Chicken Parmesan.
Why do I need to use granulated sugar in this recipe for Chicken Parmesan?
The granulated sugar adds a slightly sweet taste to the tomato puree to take away from the acidic punch that it brings to this dish. Don’t worry! It’s not going to make the Chicken Parmesan Recipe taste too sweet. If you don’t want to use sugar, you can use a low-calories or zero-calorie sugar substitute, such as Stevia.
Which type of breadcrumbs do I need to use for the chicken?
You’re going to need both Italian-style traditional bread crumbs and Panko-style breadcrumbs to give the chicken a crisper coating. It doesn’t matter which brand you choose. If you’re not sure on the brand, consider Progresso, Classico, or even 4C. Use what you can find or what you like!
How long does the chicken need to fry in the oil?
You’ll only need to fry the breaded chicken for about four to five minutes. The goal is to cook it a bit and get that coating nice and crisp before you add your chicken into the baking pan with the rest of the ingredients. The chicken will finish cooking in the baking dish with the cheeses and the sauce added to it.
How many chicken breasts will I need?
You’ll need about three large chicken breasts that you can cut in half to make six thin-sliced pieces of chicken. If you want to have even more meat, you can add a few extra pieces of chicken, but it depends on the number of people you’re trying to serve.
What should I serve with the Chicken Parmesan?
Serve the Chicken Parmesan Recipe with homemade garlic bread, an Italian side salad consisting of chickpeas, romaine lettuce, shredded cheese, croutons, and Italian dressing, or even some cooked spaghetti on the side. Some people like to add their crispy, flavorful chicken parm on top of the spaghetti, mixing it all together to create a meal that is even more filling. Serve what you like to eat with this incredibly flavorful meal.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt and
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 large chicken breasts, halved to make 6 fillets
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup light virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking oil spray and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together eggs, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Coat chicken fillets with egg mixture, cover, and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan and garlic powder in another bowl.
- Add garlic and stir. Add in the rest of the sauce ingredients, cover, and simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Dip chicken into breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until simmering.
- Fry chicken for 4 to 5 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
- Place chicken into baking dish and cover each fillet with 1/3 cup of prepared sauce.
- Top each with equal portions of shredded mozzarella and 2 Tbsp. of parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the chopped basil.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Chicken: Preheat oven 425F.
Sauce: In a medium pot, heat oil and fry onions for about 3 minutes.