My Homemade Chunky Guacamole is an Authentic recipe that’s easy to make and perfect for dipping your favorite tortilla chips in & is a must have for Cinco De Mayo!
The use of purple onion
gives this recipe a little extra health boost.
If you’ve never tried it before, Guacamole is an avocado based dip or even a spread, that was first developed by the Aztecs Mexico! It has become hugely popular in America as a delicious dip!
The worlds best guacamole starts with fresh ingredients. What you need to do is look for avocados that are beautifully ripe, but still firm. You don’t want soft or mushy avocados.
Guacamole is always best served immediately for the best taste and texture, but can be stored for about 2 days after as long as it it properly covered.
This recipe is a must have for Cinco de mayo! Its super easy to make and ultra flavorful!
If you like yours spicy, you can leave some jalapeno seeds in to make it more spicy!
This recipe is a huge hit at any pot luck, get together, cookout or party.
You are going to be asked for this recipe as soon as someone takes a bite, I promise!
Leftovers will keep about 2 days, refrigerated.
I have heard slicing onion on top , helps it keep, but I am yet to try that method because it never lasts that long in my house lol
If the top does turn a little brown, just use a spoon to scoop off the browned parts and you the bottom half should still be perfect!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 medium tomato, seeded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- half a medium jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground garlic powder
- 1 medium lime
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, or adjust to taste
Makes: 4 servings
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper and chop into small pieces.
- Juice the lime into a medium bowl then add the chopped purple onion and the chopped
- jalapeno. Next sprinkle in the garlic powder and salt then mix well and set aside.
- Slice the tomato in quarters and remove all the seeds then chop into small
- Next add to the bowl. Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and use
- the knife to slice small cubes into the avocado halves.
- Then use a spoon to scoop out the avocado cubes into the the bowl and then mix all the ingredient throughly.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and mix well. Taste and if necessary adjust any of the
- ingredients to your taste.
- To store leftovers and prevent the guacamole from browning place a pit into the
- bowl and cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Another method you can
- use is to place the plastic wrap directly over the guacamole surface before
- storing in the fridge.