Homemade Egg Rolls are a huge Chinese favorite food and can now be made right at home! They are easier than you think to make and packed full of sensational flavor!
Anyone who knows me, knows my deep love for everything and anything Chinese and these my friends are insanely deliriously good, they are one of my weaknesses for sure!
These scrumptious homemade egg rolls are the perfect texture, crispy good on the outside and tender on the inside– filled with a wonderfully flavorful filling of vegetables, pork all neatly packed in a crispy wrapper!
They are really easy to make even if they don’t look it- once you get the hang of making them, you’ll be shocked at how simple they are and wonder why you didn’t try them sooner!
You can mix up the filling and use chicken, sausage or even ground beef to get different flavors!
I have a few different egg roll recipes here on the blog I have my pumpkin pie sweet egg rolls and my savory reuben egg rolls too! Stay tuned for my buffalo chicken, taco , and cheeseburger versions!
I grew up eating Chinese takeout all the time, probably wayy more than i should have, but i just adored it so much!
Its been comfort food for me for years. However, I know MSG exists in many dishes and in all forms, and its nice to know that these egg rolls Dont, so you’re safe! There are so many people sensitive to MSG
The perfect side dish for any Asian type recipe, i have many here on the blog! check those out!! These are sure to satisfy your Asian cravings! You will be so grateful to have found this recipe! These are SOOO GOOD, and SOOO EASY!
You can even make these as appetizers! I love to cut them in halves and stick a toothpick in for parties i have or any get togethers, they are wonderful dipped in sweet & sour sauce or Duck sauce on the side!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE <——
Homemade Egg Rolls
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground pork or ground chicken or ground sausage
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage or a 16 oz bag of bag cole slaw mix
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2- inch piece of ginger grated
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- egg roll wrappers
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cabbage or coleslaw mix, sausage, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and saute until tender, or cooked through about 3 minutes.
- Pour in rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, granulated sugar, salt, sesame oil, and black pepper and toss to combine.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and whisk in 1 tsp. water.
- Add oil to a fryer and preheat to 375F.
- Place 1 tbsp. of the filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper and roll up tightly.
- Brush egg on the top edge to seal the egg roll.
- Fry egg rolls in small batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Leave A Reply!