Slow Cooker Buttery Bacon Green Beans are an outrageously delicious side dish that is ultra easy to make, yet results in the most incredible, flavorful, bacon smothered green beans EVER.
Green beans are a constant side dish in our house, I make them numerous times over week.
Once you try this recipe, I promise you will be coming back again and again, you won’t want them any other way!
If you’ve been following my blog for awhile now, you know how much I use my slow cooker, from desserts to whole meals to this scrumptious side dish.
Slow cooker food just tastes better because it has time to soak up all the flavor of whatever you’re cooking. It never disappoints!
Be sure to check out my new recipe with green beans, potatoes and bacon..lord it’s so good! Everyone raved over it.
There’s just something about mixing veggies with loads of thick cut bacon that creates the ultimate Southern side dish. It delivers the savory flavor of the crispy bacon into everything!
Simple ingredients create one of the most scrumptious slow cooker side dishes that is sure to please your family, guests, & you 🙂
You can even make it a full meal by adding sausage or sliced kielbasa!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Buttery Bacon Green Beans!
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans or fresh green beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 slices thickly-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. bacon grease
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Stir brown sugar, garlic, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne in a large bowl and mix until combined. Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute onions in bacon grease until softened and somewhat see through. Season with red pepper flakes and desired amounts of salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
- Lightly grease slow cooker and place green beans and onions into it.
- Pour garlic butter mixture over them. Stir until well incorporated and top with tons of crumbled bacon.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve hot.