Homemade Nutterbutter Cookies are going to be the star of your cookie platter!
These incredible Nutterbutter Cookies are easy to make, full of real peanut butter, and don’t require any dough chilling!
Place them spaced out on your cookie sheet
Sugar them evenly
Shape them using your fingers to look like peanuts, then use a fork to make the indentations!
From start to finish, they only takes about 20 minutes and the taste is like you spent hours in the kitchen. You might want to make a double batch, because they will be gone before you know it!
Have you ever wondered how SO many people get their homemade cookies to look like they came from a bakery?!
It’s all in using the perfect, right ingredients, techniques, and time.
I love to bake perfect cookies from scratch!
These ones I stuffed with creamy, smooth peanut butter and just WOW…
If you adore perfectly delicious bakery style nutterbutter cookies, you are going to LOVE these cookies!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Homemade Nutterbutter Cookies!
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1 C smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 C sugar to roll the dough in
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1/2 C smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Makes 24 sandwich cookies
Peanut Butter Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls.
- Shape into a log and roll log in sugar.
- Place logs on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using the tines of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern in the dough.
- Pinch the middle of the cookie to make a peanut shape.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges and still soft in center.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, the milk and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar until smooth.
- Pair up cookies to their respective size partners
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling onto the bottom cookie
- Place the top cookie onto the top of the filling and create a sandwich