This is one of my ALL TIME favorite cakes EVER.
Its so moist and delicious that it will be sure to become a family favorite in your home!
I LOVE Pistachio Pudding Cake & I LOVE making cakes from scratch, so I wanted to do the same with this cake.
I have seen many recipes for Pistachio cakes all over the internet, but most of them were using a cake box mix (which there is NOTHING wrong with)
because I have been know to use cake box mixes many times! 🙂 But with this one I wanted to do with from scratch & it came out amazing!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 sticks of butter, softened
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup club soda
- 1 packet of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding
- Chopped Pistachios
- Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your bundt pan.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on low for 10 minutes. This seems long, but trust me it needs to be done.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated into the mixture
- Gradually add the flour, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract, club soda & pudding mix.
- Finally, if desired, add a couple of drops of green food coloring and mix well, until the color is completely mixed. I used a couple drops to get the nice green color you see above
- Fill the well-greased bundt pan & bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare your frosting.
- beat the whipping cream until very soft peaks form. Stir in the pudding mix until incorporated. It will thicken rather rapidly. Use immediately, as it will firm up the longer it sits and may be come hard to spread.
- Once cooled, frost the top & sides of the cake.
- Immediately after the cake has been frosted, gently sprinkle chopped pistachios or pecans (if you chose to use them).to the top and sides so that it will adhere to the frosting.