This is one of my ALL TIME favorite cakes EVER.
Its so moist and delicious that it will be sure to become a family favorite in your home!
I LOVE Pistachio Pudding Cake & I LOVE making cakes from scratch, so I wanted to do the same with this cake.
I have seen many recipes for Pistachio cakes all over the internet, but most of them were using a cake box mix (which there is NOTHING wrong with)
because I have been know to use cake box mixes many times! 🙂 But with this one I wanted to do with from scratch & it came out amazing!
Homemade Pistachio Cake with Whipped Cream Pistachio Frosting
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar softened
- 1 package jello instant pistachio pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pistachios 1/4 cup reserved to the side for topping
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tbsp instant pistachio pudding powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Grease a standard Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt then set aside
- Using an electric mixer cream together your butter and sugar until fluffy, roughly about 2 minutes.
- Add in dry pistachio pudding mix and continue mixing until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is thoroughly incorporated.
- Mix in the chopped pistachios.
- Start adding the milk, oil and vanilla extract in slowly while mixing on low
- Start adding in the dry ingredients, making sure to combine everything well after each addition.
- Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes after the everything is added.
- Pour the cake batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 65 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- NOTE: If the cake falls in the center, you did not bake it enough
- In your mixer cream the butter until fluffy.
- In a small bowl combine the whole milk and the pudding mix until it's completely dissolved.
- Beat the pudding mixture into the butter completely.
- finally, add the powdered sugar, half a cup at a time until fully incorporated