This Homemade Slow Cooker Beef & Barley Soup
is insanely delicious and surprising very easy.
It’s packed with flavor – comfort food at it’s best!
Feel free to add in your favorite veggies, I switch it up whenever I make mine!
MY OTHER RECIPES
MY LATEST VIDEOS
It’s a perfect soup to make ahead of time because it freezes well.
A hearty soup that pairs perfectly with crunchy garlic bread for dipping!
In this recipe I used beef roast,
but any type of steak or ground beef will work if you’re in a pinch!
Slow cooker soups taste the best because they have hours of simmering, the flavors really come together!
I love to use my largest slow cooker when I make this soup, I make a huge batch and freeze the leftovers for lunch throughout the week!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Homemade Slow Cooker Beef & Barley Soup
- 2 tbsp, Olive Oil
- 3 lbs. beef roast
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup barley
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef roast and sear until browned on all sides.
- Add to the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the carrots, celery, onions, garlic, parsley, oregano, thyme, broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, and barley to the slow cooker as well.
- Cook on low for 6 -8 hours.
- Add the corn in for the last 30 minutes of cooking.