Now, I know this may be something you already do when you make bacon in your home, but you would not believe how many fans have asked me to explain it!
So, I wanted to make this post for all of you that may not do their bacon this way normally and want to know the SECRET to perfect bacon- every.single.time!
This is a much easier and CLEANER way to cook your bacon, no flipping or greasy pans!
You want to lay them side/side but not overlapping, or else it will not cook evenly.
Its also perfect for making a lot of bacon for your family or for brunch/crowd where you need to make more than just a few slices.
If you already knew this, you know how awesome it is this way!
But this is for those that wanted this post 🙂
Enjoy perfect bacon, just how you like it- each and every time!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
How to Bake Bacon PERFECTLY every time in the oven!
- BACON - As much bacon as your baking sheet can fit comfortably.
- Preheat oven to 350F (325 on convection)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Lay out the bacon slices completely flat, next to each other.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the bacon has reached the consistency you are looking for. Usually, 25 minutes is a nice combination of mostly crispy with some soft areas. If you prefer a softer bacon, cook for a few minutes less.
- Remove to a plate or cutting board to drain extra fat.
COOKS NOTE:: If you do other baking such as pies and biscuits, using bacon fat is a nice alternative to other fats. If you reserve the bacon fat for this purpose, simply pour it into a jar, keep a tight lid on it, and put it in the fridge for your next use. While some people don’t mind and actually prefer little bits of bacon in the fat, you can sieve the fat as it goes into the jar to remove these bits.