This Incredible Bacon Jam is a bacon based “spread” that is the amazing new craze and can be used on many different things!
You can use it as an incredible add on to cheese & crackers, as an appetizer or spread it on toast, or even over dinner meats!
It is basically made through a process of slow cooking the bacon with onions, spices and brown sugar, creating one of the most delicious things you’ll ever try!
After attempting this recipe and tweaking it numerous times, I can honestly say that this Bacon Jam is seriously to die for! I was expecting it to come out good but this came out incredible!
I was literally licking the pot clean… Yes it is that delicious!!! I put a bunch into jars for family & friends!
I love making sliders or burgers for dinner & topping them with this sensational bacon jam.
Its mouthwatering flavor is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it!
I promise you, this is a 5 Star Recipe!
Using thick cut bacon brings out the ultimate best flavor!
Lets talk shelf life, the sugar works well as a preservative, so about two weeks refrigerated, but how do you make it last that long anyway?? When I make this, it’s usually gone in a few days 😂
You can also freeze it for up to a month in an airtight container.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Incredible Bacon Jam
- 1 lbs. hickory smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup brewed dark coffee
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- In heavy skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove all but 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the onions and salt then cook until browned or lightly caramelized. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Remove all but 1/2 Tbsp. of the grease.
- Add in brown sugar, cider vinegar, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, and prepared black coffee.
- Let cook down until slightly thickened and lightly browned, or about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm or in the refrigerator in an airtight container or mason jar.