This Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake is SO easy, and would be perfect for thanksgiving or just for Fall baking season. Instead of the worn out ole pumpkin pie, surprise the family with a pumpkin cheesecake! Remember to Pin this recipe so you will have it for later!!
To start off with this recipe you want to make sure that all of your ingredients are room temperature. This includes the cream cheese, sour cream, and the eggs. Having everything at room temperature helps the ingredients mix better and keeps you from over mixing the batter.
I know it is just September but I couldn’t wait to make this recipe for you all! Anyone else waiting for fall to finally be here next week!? Cool, crisp breeze, leaves on the ground, pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING! Yeah, me too.
I wanted to do something special with the crust of this cheesecake. I didn’t think just using graham crackers would do this cheesecake enough justice. SO, I used gingersnaps and I wasn’t disappointed! The pumpkin and cinnamon in the cheesecake went so well with the gingersnap cookies.
!Tips And Tricks
Make sure everything is room temperature and DON’T OVER MIX!
Bake the crust. Since this cheesecake is made in the Instant Pot, the crust tends to get a little mushy. If you like that, then don’t worry about baking the crust. If you are like me and like a little crispness to your crust bake it before you add the batter.
Add the eggs in last and mix as little as possible.
Let the cheesecake sit in the fridge overnight. This will allow it to set fully and it will be the perfect texture
You want to start with nice smooth cream cheese. You want to make sure to remove all lumps and bumps in the beginning so you don’t have to mix more at the end to compensate.
Another thing I tried with this recipe was JUST using brown sugar instead of a mixture of brown and white. I think it turned out pretty great! You want to add the brown sugar and cinnamon in next and combine well.
Add in the pumpkin, sour cream, and vanilla and mix well until combined. Then add in the eggs last and remember to mix as little as possible!
The smell of the batter alone makes you just want to eat it with a spoon. Resist the temptation and pour the batter into the prepared crust and cover with aluminum foil and place in your pot on the trivet with one cup of water.
Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow to naturally release. Then let sit, decorate, and enjoy!
I love using the Instant Pot for so many different meals and incredible desserts- stay tuned for many more instant pot recipes you are sure to love coming soon!
This is a recipe you are going to want to make over and over again for your family and for the holidays!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 15 gingersnap cookies
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 -8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Setting Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 45 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a 6 x 2 3/4 inch spring form pan with nonstick spray, be sure to include the sides.
- Prepare the crust by adding the gingersnap cookies, melted butter, and salt to a food processor and pulse until you get crumbs. (You can also use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin to crush the cookies and then add the melted butter and salt to them.)
- Pour the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the springform and press to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Prepare the filling for the cheesecake by placing the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl.
- Whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. This takes me about 5 minutes. You want to make sure there are no lumps at all at this step, it will keep you from over mixing at the end.
- Next, add in the brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Add sour cream, pumpkin, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, mix until combined completely.
- Last add in the eggs one at a time and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- After everything is combined, pour the batter into the prepared crust and cover with aluminum foil tightly. Place a trivet in your Instant Pot and place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pot.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet and close the lid and seal. Place on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the top, remove the cheesecake and place on the counter and allow to cool completely. After it is cooled, place in the refrigerator until set. This takes about 6 hours but overnight is best.
- Once ready to serve, prepare the cream cheese whipped cream by adding the cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until you get stiff peaks (about 5 minutes and put in a piping bag or Ziplock bag.
- Cover the top of the cheesecake with caramel sauce (I like the Hershey’s premade), and top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped pecans!
**before you begin, be sure your cream cheese is at room temperature! **