Juicy Grilled Pineapple coated in an amazing mixture of cinnamon & sugar make for the perfect side dish that everyone is going to go crazy over!
If you have never had the pleasure of having grilled pineapple before, let me introduce you to something insanely incredible and crazy delicious!
It’s ultra simple to make and only takes 3 ingredients other than the pineapple itself! the flavor is sensational and not to mention very addicting!
I did use fresh pineapple but I think (not quote me here) but canned MIGHT work, I haven’t tried! If it does, please let me know- either that or just use fresh to be on the safe side 😉
If you do attempt it, make sure to pat the pineapple as dry as you can prior to coating with the mixture.
I sliced them into spears but you can do rings or even 2 inch pieces and just thread them onto a skewer and grill them that way!
Basting them while they cook is extremely important because you want them as flavorful as possible- trust me its worth the 4 minutes 🙂
It is genuinely a very simple and very yummy recipe! Everyone at my Memorial day barbecue raved about the flavor! Next time I will have to triple the recipe since the plate was empty in two minutes flat!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch sliced into rings or spears
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat and lightly brush oil the grate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour the cinnamon/sugar mixture into a large resealable plastic bag and add in the pineapple slices (or rings) and shake until well coated evenly.
- Remove the coated pineapples and pour the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture back into the bowl, add the honey in and mix.
- Grill the pineapple wedges on the your preheated grill for about 4 or so minutes per side, brushing each side with more of the mixture as they cook with a basting grill brush.