Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Shells are ultra rich, creamy & packed with sensational flavor! Loaded with tender chicken, broccoli and cheese!
This recipe is incredibly delicious and very flavorful! This is an award winning dish that everyone goes crazy over!
The creamy sauce is made from scratch by combining delicious cheese, heavy cream , garlic and seasonings to create a roux!
If you have been following along with my blog for awhile you will have noticed my love of pasta trend!
Be sure to check out my other pasta recipes that have all gone viral!
This Delicious meal is Perfectly paired with a garden salad and crusty garlic bread!
If you’re not a broccoli person you can always use spinach instead, which is also scrumptious!
Easy enough for a weeknight meal the entire family will love, yet fancy enough to serve to company as well!
Leftovers the next day are also amazing for lunch! just use a couple of teaspoons of milk to reactivate the sauce when reheating!
I added some cajun seasoning to this meal because I like a bit of a kick but you can also use chili powder or leave it out all together if you’re not into a slight kick of heat.
I chopped up skinless , boneless chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and quickly sauted them for this recipe.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Shells
- 8 ounces medium shells pasta uncooked
- 1 pound of chicken cubed (no skin) COOKED
- 2 cups broccoli fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup broth beef or chicken
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt to taste
- In a medium pot, boil the broccoli until softened and set aside
- Boil a large pot of lightly salted water and add pasta , then drain
- Add pasta back into the hot/empty pot and add 1 tb of butter, stir until fully melted and pour into a large bowl and set aside while we make the sauce.
- In the same pot, add in the other 1 tb of butter, oil and garlic, cook only until butter is melted
- Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook while stirring constantly, then add in the heavy cream, milk and all other seasonings, continuing to stir the whole time while bringing to a low boil
- Add in the cooked shells, broccoli, and chicken and mix until fully incorporated