Keto Chicken Parmesan is a highly requested recipe because not only can you indulge in eating juicy chicken smothered in cheese and sauce but you can enjoy it without the carbs!
This delicious recipe is on the table in less than 20 minutes!
If you didnt know already, parmesan cheese and eggs make the perfect and still crispy breading for your chicken breasts without all the carbs!
This dinner is not only keto/low carb but it is also extremely high in protein and insanely delicious as well!
So many people want to still enjoy the foods they love without all the extra guilt of carbs or calories and with this recipe, you can have it all!
Once you try this recipe and method of breading, you will want to try it on numerous other dishes! I also have another recipe on my blog where I do something similar to pork chops!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Keto Chicken Parmesan!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup of your choice of sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Fresh parsley or basil to garnish
Yields: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, slice in half lengthwise.
- Beat the eggs in a wide shallow dish and set aside.
- In a separate wide shallow dish, add the shredded parmesan cheese, dried herbs and
- salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg to completely coat. Next, dredge chicken in parmesan
- cheese mixture.
- Add olive oil or cooking spray to coat the bottom of a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side then place in a 9x13” baking dish.
- Add two tablespoons of marinara sauce to the top of each piece of chicken.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella in thin slices and place a layer on each chicken breast.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Change the oven settings to broil on high for
- an additional 5 minutes, then remove from oven. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and
- serve warm.