Cheesy Zucchini Gratin is not only low carb, but it is insanely delicious and loaded with garlic and the most heavenly cheesy cream sauce!
I am so excited to introduce you all to one of THE BEST recipes you will ever try!
I love zucchini and this my lovely foodie friends, is the best way to eat it!
It takes under 20 minutes to make and results in the cheesiest, creamiest side dish your family will go crazy over! (even the kids!)
Zucchini can be the star of any dish if you use it the right way!
It makes the perfect low carb side dish or could even be turned into an entire meal by adding in a protein like chicken!
I have used zucchini and spiralized it to replace pasta when I was really on my no carb diet lol but in my opinion, the best way to use it is in a side dish.
Another great low carb side dish that even the kids love to eat! its THAT good!
I used a mix of mozzarella cheese and asiago but I have also used fontina and provolone which are also amazing choices!
Even if you dont normally like zucchini, I promise you will love it after trying this recipe!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cheesy Zucchini Gratin! (Low Carb)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thin & cut in half circles
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella and asiago mix)
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large oven proof skillet, melt butter with the onions until lightly caramelized, then add in the fresh garlic and saute for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add in the beef broth, salt, pepper and the heavy cream into the onion/garlic mixture and stir to combine.
- Allow it to slightly begin to bubble, then add in the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Add in the sliced zucchini and cook an for an additional 5 minutes until softened..
- Top with your cheese of choice evenly across the entire top and bake at 425F for about 12-15 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown to your liking.