Mini Andes Mint Cheesecakes are perfectly creamy and deliciously minty! Topped with chocolate ganache and Andes mints!
This Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes recipe is absolutely a wonderful treat for those of you that love the thought of bringing mint together with cheesecake! They are topped with the most heavenly Ganache , if you want to make a whole cheesecake and top it with ganache, you need to try this Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Topping recipe!
Combine the sweet taste of mint with a decadent treat when you prepare these Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes. They’re flavorful, fun to make, and perfect for your family to enjoy.
If you’re a cheesecake lover looking for your next sweet treat to make, try this fun and flavorful Andes Mint Cheesecake. It’s the ideal dessert for anyone who enjoys Andes Candy and wants to combine the taste of such a sweet snack with a decadent cheesecake.
Andes Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Prepare these Andes Mint Cheesecake minis for family and friends for a custom sweet treat. Not only do they taste good, but they look adorable and are the perfect serving size for each person in your household. You won’t need to worry about slicing the cheesecake down because each person can grab their mini cheesecake and devour it. Enjoy the fresh, delicious taste of this cheesecake that you can make with ease!
Why You’ll Love This Mini Cheesecake Recipe
These cheesecakes are the perfect size. If you want to make sure you have the perfect serving, follow this recipe.
The mini cheesecakes are loaded with flavor and are perfect for those who love the taste of cheesecake, chocolate, and mint.
It’s not hard to make these cheesecakes from scratch, including the homemade crust that you’ll prepare by combining your graham cracker crumbs with a bit of sugar and melted butter!
Andes Mint Cheesecake Ingredients
Before you get started, be sure to have the right ingredients needed to make these decadent Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes, including:
Graham Cracker Crumbs – Chocolate graham cracker crumbs are best to use in this recipe.
Cream Cheese – Leave your two packages of cream cheese out to soften before using them.
Sugar – Add sweetness to your cream cheese with a bit of sugar.
Butter – Melt your butter down before combining it with the sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
Mint Extract – Get that incredible mint flavor in your cheesecake with a bit of mint extract.
Green Food Coloring – Create the look by using green food coloring in your cheesecake mixture.
You’ll need a few other ingredients, such as egg, chocolate chips, and chopped Andes mints that you’ll add on top to garnish your treats.
How do I crush the cookies into fine crumbs?
You have two ways to get this done. You can place the cookies in your food processor to break them down into the tiniest pieces. If not, feel free to put the cookies in a Ziploc bag, seal the bag shut, and roll them with a rolling pin or heavy can to crush them into crumbs.
Do I have to use green food coloring?
You don’t necessarily have to use green food coloring if you don’t want it. It’s truly just for show. However, if you want your mini cheesecakes to look like Andes Mints, it’s best to use green food coloring! It adds a special touch to the dessert that makes it look even better.
Which type of cream cheese should I use?
It’s important to use full-fat cream cheese to get the best results when preparing this dessert. However, you can use any brand of full-fat cream cheese that you personally prefer.
Recipe Notes & Tips
Make sure to leave your cream cheese bars sitting out to soften for 30-60 minutes. It’s that much easier to beat the cream cheese when you’ve already allowed it to soften beforehand.
Let your egg sit out with the cream cheese. The key is to get the egg to room temperature to make it easier to work with when preparing this dessert.
Once you’ve baked the cheesecake for 25 minutes, be sure to prop the oven door open using a wooden spoon and allow the cheesecake to begin cooling down at a slow pace. It’s the best way to keep the cheesecake from cracking.
How to Store the Mini Cheesecakes
Wrap your cheesecake in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the fridge. You can also put your mini cheesecakes in the freezer if you’d like to save them a bit longer. When storing in the freezer, be sure to double wrap and place in a freezer bag, where you can leave these mini cheesecakes for up to two months.
We tried this with just chocolate chips melted on top, but that gets really hard when chilled. The ganche is MUCH better! You can add as much or as little mint extract as your heart desires. We found that half a teaspoon was plenty when you paired it with the chopped Andes mint but if you prefer even more mint, feel free to add another ½ teaspoon…maybe just make it as the recipe is written then test the batter first before adding it to the muffin pan.
You can use a can on reddi whip on these if you plan to serve them immediately but I would pipe/dollop on cool whip or make my own stabilized whipped cream if you are making them head of time and serving later…it lasts much longer!
I can’t find oreo crumbs – what else could I use for the crust?
You could use chocolate graham cracker crumbs if you can find them. Or use 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs mixed with 4 Tablespoons of butter and 3 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder. (I would also add an extra Tablespoon of sugar in this case.) Or you can use a food processor to crush about 20 whole oreos to make your own crumbs!
Why do I need to allow the cheesecakes to cool in the oven and Are there any variations on this recipe that I could try?
Allowing them to cool helps the cheesecakes to maintain their height, and not crack. A variation you could try is you could add chocolate chips or crumbled oreo cookies into the batter (before baking).
Is it important for the cream cheese and egg to be room temperature?
You will get the creamiest texture if you make sure that these ingredients are room temperature.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time:20 minutes
Cooling Time: 6 hours (or overnight)
Total Time:6 hours 40 minutes
Serving Size: 12
- 1 1/4 cups oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of Andes mints, chopped (about 20 unwrapped mints)
- Optional Garnish:12 Andes mints, Oreo Crumbs and Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Add 12 muffin liners to muffin pan and lightly spray each one with with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Divide this equally into the12 muffin liners(about 2 level tablespoons each) and press down gently to create a bottom crust for each cheesecake.
- Beat the room temperature cream cheese in a standing mixer/with a handheld mixer then blend in the sugar. This mixture should be creamy and smooth.
- Mix in the egg, mint extract, and green food coloring using the low setting.
- Then add in your chopped Andes mints but only combine as much as needed to fully mix these in. Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the 12 mini cheesecake crusts.
(They will be a little more than 3/4 full.)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, turn off the oven but leave the pan in the oven.
- Prop the door open and allow the cheesecakes to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Then they may be removed from the oven.
- Chill the cheesecakes for at least 6 hours.
- Then remove them from the pan and take off the muffin liners.
- Heat the heavy cream in a microwave safe measuring cup. - Use high heat for 40 seconds.
- When you remove it from the microwave, immediately add in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and leave this for 3-5 minutes, Then stir the mixture until smooth.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of this chocolate ganache on each cheesecake and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes to set up.
- Top each with whipped cream, an Andes mint and oreo crumbs before serving.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers