Monster Mash Chocolate Cookies are an ultra chocolately cross between a brownie and a cookie- they are fantastic and made from scratch!
I made these for a gathering and they were FANTASTIC!!! So soft yet chewy, they tasted like a cross between a brownie and a cookie! My only suggestion to you all is to double the recipe because they were wolfed down in no time by my family.
It’s a lot easier when not using a crappy box of cake mix for the chocolate flavor, the cocoa powder gave these cookies an outstanding, rich chocolate flavor that cannot be beat!! They are incredible for an easy, quick fix for your chocolate craving…you have found it! The fact that they taste like brownies is a bonus.
I had to double this recipe last time, they went so fast! I have mixed the m&ms together with dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips if you love an extra chocolaty cookie like I do! Most reliable recipe ever and guests rave BAKER NOTE: Chilling the dough isn’t necessary but recommended. It will cut down on the flatness of the cookies and give you more of a thick cookie.
They are delicious to give as gifts to friends and family for the holidays, they are wonderful for Halloween, Christmas (just change the m&m color) or Thanksgiving , just use yellow and orange m&m’s! Bake sales, cookie exchanges- I got you covered! 😉
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Monster Mash Chocolate Cookies!
Makes 18-20 cookies
- 1 C sweet cream unsalted butter
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2/3 C packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- M&M Candies – green orange, and purple (or any color to match the occasion)
Things you'll need
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- electric mixer and mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 flavor injector
- 1 container of white frosting
- 3-5 drops of neon green gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Separate green, orange, brown and purple M&M's into a small bowl
- Using a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Mix well to blend all ingredients. Set aside.
- With the electric mixer cream the butter and sugars (both) together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat to mix well into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Slowly begin to add small amounts of the dry ingredients into the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla mixture until all of the dry ingredients are combined.
- With your hands begin making small dough balls. (about the size of a small ice cream scoop or 2 inches)
- Again using your hands press the different colored M&M's into each round cookie dough ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Remove out of the oven and allow to cool slightly on the cookie sheet. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Scoop the frosting into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 15 second to soften it
- Mix in the drops of neon green gel food coloring
- Using the flavor injector, place the needle into the bowl and pull the knob up on the injector to pull up some frosting
- Poke the side of the cookie and inject frosting into the cookie until the top cracks
- Repeat step on all cookies