Cinnamon Roll Skillet Cake (from scratch) is a cinnamon roll that is turned into a ooey gooey delicious skillet cake! Swirled with an extra buttery brown sugar cinnamon and topped with an incredible icing glaze, plus its Gluten Free!
It takes under 30 minutes to bake from scratch! Perfect for breakfast or for dessert! this is the BEST cake EVER! I know nowadays so many recipes use either a cake mix, a tube of biscuits, crescent rolls or even Pillsbury cinnamon rolls as a base. NOT HERE! I love making them using real ingredients. Its absolutely possible to make this cake from scratch easily, all you need are basic ingredients and you can make an irresistible breakfast/dessert cake without sacrificing the taste!
I love adding extra glaze all over the warm cake! I am telling you, this cake is to-die-for. I make it at least 3 times a month, I love it with hot coffee in the early morning or after dinner for an amazing dessert. Right out of the oven is BEST, its all hot and extra gooey!
This has become one of my family and friends favorite dishes. It’s easy, gooey and best of all the ingredients are ones that most of have on hand. Melt in your mouth delicious!!!!
Baker Notes: Cake may be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days; however, texture is best when served on the same day. I’m due to have my baby girl in less than 3 weeks now! So being very pregnant, I of course had a craving for some warm cake. This hit the spot! It’s absolutely delicious and I had all of the ingredients in my pantry or fridge. No crazy shopping trips.
I’ve made this cake dozens of times, its tried and true. It was an absolute hit at my family brunch. You can even make it a chocolate swirl, just use cocoa powder in place of cinnamon. Highly recommend for a special treat!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cinnamon Roll Skillet Cake
- 1 ½ cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yields: 8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes | Total: 40 minutes
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
Vanilla Icing Drizzle:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9” cast iron skillet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir well to incorporate. Pour cake batter into prepared skillet.
- Use the handle of a mixing spoon to poke holes throughout the cake.
- In a small bowl, add cinnamon sugar topping ingredients and stir to combine. Spoon the topping onto the cake - being sure to fill the holes. Take a butter knife and swirl the cinnamon sugar topping into the cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 27-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, combine the vanilla icing drizzle ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use a spoon to drizzle over the top of the cake. Slice and serve warm.