EARTHQUAKE CAKE?! You know why its called that?
Because this will knock you off your feet – its THAT delicious! Filled with Creamy Peanut Butter and Reeses Peanut Butter cups!
Its so easy too! (my favorite kind of recipes! 😉 )
This has dollops of sweet cream cheese swirled throughout the top!
Dark chocolate fudge cake!
My VA friend made this recipe and she saw the idea over at I wash you dry! <– check her blog out!!
Topped with cold vanilla ice cream over the warm perfect cake… Oh heavens YES!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake!
- 1 Box Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (oil, eggs, water)
- 8oz Softened cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup softened butter
- 1/2 Creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Cup miniature Reese's peanut butter cups unwrapped and cut in halves
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl mix together the ingredients for your chocolate fudge cake
- Pour your fudge cake into your greased baking dish and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix together your cream cheese, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla until well mixed
- Mix in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until you add all 4 cups
- Add your peanut butter mixture in spoonfuls to your chocolate cake mix and lightly spread around
- Now sprinkle your Reese's peanut butter cup halves and chocolate chips on top
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes (checking the center after 45 with a tooth pick test)
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
adapted from Iwashyoudry.com