Peanut Butter Layered Cake is a classic, from scratch, tried and true, insanely delicious, layered cake that is sure to be a hit!
This a new cake recipe as part of my [Ultimate cake releases] here on my blog (many more to come)
This one here was such a moist cake packed with peanut butter flavor- everyone adored it!
Look how gorgeous this one is?!
This cake is deceptively easy, yet decadently delicious , it makes the perfect dessert for any occasion where you want to impress not only visually, but also taste wise!
Peanut butter and cake together is always a winning combination!
You can get even more creative with toppings, such as chocolate shavings, a chocolate drizzle or even candy of your choice (like Reeses!)
This cake is so crazy good it should come with a warning label! – Dangerously delicious!
Beautifully drizzled glaze is gracefully seeping down the sides
and topped with sweet peanut butter frosting – its heaven on earth!
If you’re a peanut butter lover than this is surely the perfect cake for you & your loved ones!
Its ultra rich so be warned – dangerously decadent, you wont be able to resist this cake my foodie friends!
Its perfectly paired with a huge cold glass of milk and some privacy LOL! 😉
Whatever occasion you choose to make this cake for- it is sure to be loved by all!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Dangerously Delicious Peanut Butter Cake!
- 3 boxes of french vanilla cake mix
- 3 C whole milk
- 1 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 9 large eggs
- 3/4 C peanut butter
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C peanut butter
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 piping bag with large star tip
- 2 C peanut butter, softened
- 1 large disposable piping bag
Makes 1 9-inch 3 Layer Cake
Peanut butter cake Ingredients
Peanut Butter Frosting ingredients
Peanut Butter Drizzle ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 3 9 inch cake pans with pam baking spray and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat together all cake ingredients until combined and smooth
- Evenly scoop peanut butter cake batter between the 3 cake pans
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before carving
- Once cakes have cooled, remove from the pans and place the cakes onto a cutting board
- Using a cake slicer, carve off the domes that way you have a smooth top
- Using a standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until smooth and stiff peaks form
- Scoop about 1 cup of frosting into a piping bag with a large star tip
- Place one layer of cake onto a 10 inch cake board
- Scoop about 1 cup of frosting into the center of the cake and spread frosting evenly over the cake
- Carefully place another layer of cake on top of the first layer
- Spread evenly another cup of frosting onto the top of the second layer
- Place the last layer of cake onto the second layer of frosting
- Using the remaining frosting, frost entire cake
- Place cake onto the cutting board and place in the fridge for 1 hour to allow the frosting to harden
- Once hour is up, remove cake from the fridge
- Scoop 2 C of peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until slightly softened
- Scoop soft peanut butter into the piping bag and cut the tip off
- Pipe drips of peanut butter around the top of the cake and pipe a large dollop of peanut butter into the center of the top of the cake
- Smooth the peanut butter on the top center evenly
- Using the frosting piping bag, pipe dollops of frosting on the top
- Cut out slices and enjoy!