Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are an amazing low carb option when you’re in the mood for a cheesesteak without the guilt!
Stuffing peppers is something that you always make in a variety of different ways!
It’s so simple and crazy delicious, it consists of hollowed & halved peppers, filled with any of a variety of fillings that you want.
You can stuff them with meat, veggies, cheese or rice! Get creative!
These are hugely popular in our house, we make some sort of stuffed pepper at least once a week!
I know many people love to add rice to their stuffed peppers, try cauliflower rice as a wonderful substitute!
Stay tuned for my slow cooker version and a taco version coming soon!
You can have an incredible dinner the whole family will enjoy in under 45 minutes!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8oz. brown mushrooms, minced
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 green bell peppers
- 8oz. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup beef broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large cast iron skillet, brown ground beef until a brown crust appears before breaking down the beef.
- Stir until completely browned.
- Move the beef to a bowl and add the butter, onions and mushrooms.
- Let brown for about 2 min. before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and beef broth into the pan.
- Scoop the mixture into the bell pepper halves and top with half the cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a covered pan.
- Uncover, top with remaining cheese and put back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.