Pink Velvet Cupcakes are insanely delicious topped with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and decorated beautifully for Valentines Day!
Are you looking for a new fun cupcake for Valentine’s Day? Try out this super simple yet delicious pink velvet funfetti cupcake everyone will love.
We are using a cake mix for this recipe but don’t worry this cupcake will taste as you bought it from an upscale bakery. This moist, rich cupcake, topped with the most incredible whipped frosting will be the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
What will I need to complete this recipe?
White cake mix, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, egg whites, sour cream, vanilla extract, salt, pink food coloring gel, water, vegetable oil, unsalted butter, shortening, milk, confectioners sugar, pink sprinkles, purple sprinkles, red sprinkles, cupcake liners, cupcake pan, mixing bowls, electric mixer, large spoon, scissors, piping bag, Icing tips, and candy hearts.
Where do you find your sprinkles?
Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Jo Ann Fabrics are the main places I search for holiday-themed sprinkles. I will also try to find some on clearance after the holiday so I always have a rainbow of colors to pick from.
Which piping tip works best for cupcakes?
Great question, depending on what style you are wanting to achieve I recommend 2A, 1M, 6B, and 2D. These will give you that bakery-style at home.
Can I use the whole egg instead of just the egg whites?
Egg whites are a must in this cake recipe. This is what really makes the cake light and fluffy. You can save the yolks and use them for another recipe though so you won’t have to waste them.
Can you taste the sour cream in the cake mix?
No, but this will help make your cake rich and creamer than your normal box cake. This really brings the cake to the next level.
Can these cupcakes be made ahead of time?
You can make these a day before you need to.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion- baby showers , bake sales, even just dessert when you feel like baking for the family! Decorate them for any occasion!
How long will these cupcakes keep?
These will be good for up to 3 days in an air-tight container
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Total Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops pink food gel coloring
- 1/2 cup pink and purple sprinkles
Buttercream whipped frosting
- 1 cup or 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- Toppings, optional
- Candy hearts
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together, cake mix, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and salt.
- With an electric hand mixer or a kitchen aid mix dry ingredients on low.
- Slowly, add in water, sour cream, egg whites, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything has been combined.
- Add 3 drops of pink food gel coloring to the cupcake batter, and mix.
- Stir in sprinkles to the batter.
- Pour or spoon batter into the lined cupcake pan. Make sure to only fill about 2/3 of the cupcake liner, since the batter will rise a bit.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 minutes or until the center is baked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.
- With an electric hand mixer or a kitchen aid, mix together butter and shortening until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly, add in confectioners sugar a little at a time. If frosting is too thick you can add 1 teaspoon of milk until you have reached the texture you are looking for.
- Mix frosting for another 3 minutes.
- Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles or candy hearts.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.