WHEW have I got a treat for you!!
These are Crispy Taquitos STUFFED with cheesecake and Pumpkin pie, deep fried..then topped with powdered sugar and a bit of cinnamon… HAVE MERCY.
These are a guaranteed hit anywhere you serve them!
I used eggroll wrappers but rolled them thin to form the ‘taquito’ 😉
These taste fantastic topped with whipped cream, ice cream or even just as is! Adapted from I wash you drys-> ‘eggroll version’ (this version is much skinnier lol
I had mine while they were still hot , topped them with vanilla ice cream and a bit of whipped cream on top and went to town on these babies!
I felt it was only right to bring you all this recipe that will have you wishing it was always FALL …lol
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook & PIN IT!
- 1 package Egg roll wrappers
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 oz. Philly Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Vanilla Ice cream OR Whipped Cream for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice until smooth, set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tbsp sugar until smooth. set aside as well.
- Take each egg roll wrapped and face the corner towards you, and place 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake filling in each wrapper, then 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture on top, evenly.
- brush the edges of the wrappers with water
- Fold the corner nearest to you over the filling.
- Gently press the wrapper around the filling, because you do NOT want air in them
- Fold the right and left corners of the wrapped toward the middle of the filling , one by one.
- Brush the rest of the wrapper with water, then roll up the rest of the egg roll
- Make sure all edges are sealed completely, (you do not want filling coming out while frying)
- You dont want the rolls TOO damp , just wet enough to keep them sealed before frying
- Repeat process until they are all filled and ready to fry!
- In a Medium , (semi deep) sauce pan, fill with about one inch of oil
- heat until 350F
- One at a time, slowly put each filled roll into the HOT oil carefully.
- Fry until golden brown, (about one minute)
- using tongs, remove from the oil, and place onto a cooling wrack or plate then sprinkle with the powdered sugar and cinnamon as soon as each is removed from the oil.
- Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.