Ah, my all time favorite season… FALL!
All things pumpkin, what’s not to love!? 🙂
Here is an easy fun recipe that is sure to have everyone saying awwww & YUM at the same time!
So adorable and they couldn’t be easier!
I love the combination of sweet & salty, its perfect.
Little M&M’s as the ‘stem’ – seriously CUTE! You can use some green frosting to make little ‘vines’ but they are just as cute as is 🙂
Don’t you just love simple? Melt Chocolate, color, then dip! Just a few simple steps and you have yourself an amazing little treat that would be the hit of a Fall/Halloween party! You have to remember that when heating your white chocolate that you need to be careful not to over-melt it, then it will be grainy, which you do not want. You can either do the microwave method or the double boiler, either is fine, but both need to be monitored carefully.
- 1 bag mini pretzels- this makes a lot
- 1- 2 bags M&M candy only using the green ones
- Orange food coloring I used about 1/8th tsp of Wilton's gel colors
- 1 bag White Chocolate chips melted slowly - I used Ghirardelli
- 1 Tablespoon shortening- this thins out the chocolate- don't substitute
- Depending on which chocolate melting method you are planning on using, either way, it needs to be done VERY slowly, to ensure you don't end up with grainy melted chocolate.
To use double boiler- this is what I did:
- Melt the chocolate over medium heat, stirring constantly, trust me it melts extremely fast so don't leave it, even for a second.
- Once it begins to melt, remove from heat and stir, once completely melted add in your orange coloring and shortening
Using the Microwave:
- Same idea, heating only for 30 second spans, removing and mixing until fully melted
- The shortening thins out the chocolate just enough so that it isnt so thick while you are dunking each pretzel
- Use your fingers to dunk each one, this method works the best, seriously
- Once they are coated, take each one and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- While it's still wet, take a green M&M and set it in the very top center of each pretzel
- Now it's a cute little green stem.
- Putting the cookie sheet in the fridge for just 10 minutes and they will be perfectly set to either put in a snack bowl or great to wrap them and send them in to school with the kids!
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Leave A Reply!