I have a dangerously delicious recipe for you all today!
I am so excited to put this babu up on the blog, the cakes are so ultra moist and soft, plus the filling is outrageous!
They freeze well and great to bring to any Fall party, awesome to give as gifts as well!
They are really easy to throw together and don’t take much effort at all!
They really need to become part of your Fall baking rotation!
Just look at those 😉
Plus they make the entire house smell like all things Thanksgiving!
Everyone is always asking for my recipe because they are crazy good!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!
Ingredients for cakes :
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/4 C light brown sugar packed
- 2/3 C canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C pumpkin puree
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 - 8 oz box cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Directions for Cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Use a whisk to combine and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together until smooth the brown sugar and oil
- Mix in one egg at a time until combined and smooth
- Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined and smooth
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop some batter onto a prepared cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches in between batter mounds
- Bake in the oven for 11 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Directions for filling: Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy
- Scoop into piping bag and set aside
- Pair up matching whoopie pies and line up the bottoms onto the cookie sheet
- Pipe a dollop of frosting on the bottom whoopie pies
- Place the top whoopie pie onto the frosting and lightly press down
- Enjoy with a large glass of milk!