Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are a soft buttery shortbread cookie filled with raspberry jam and drizzled with a sweet almond icing!
out of all the cookies you plan on making this holiday season,
these are the crown jewel of cookies!
they’re melt in your mouth delicious and they have the perfect consistency!
MY OTHER RECIPES
MY LATEST VIDEOS
perfect for cookie exchanges, to give out as gifts,
or just for an amazing dessert to bake with the kids!
there’s nothing better than biting into these warm raspberry thumbprint cookies with a big cold glass of milk!
i always bake a couple extra batches of these and fill them with different types of jams,
i do blueberry, raspberry & strawberry versions!
these are literally my all time favorite cookie recipe, the filling options are absolutely endless!
they’re gorgeous as well as being surprisingly easy to make!
with these you can use the jam or preserves of your choice, they’re are so many to choose from!
i recommend adding the jam prior to baking, as they cool they will firm up a little, enough that it will be sticky but not fall out.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 - 4 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt, set aside
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in almond extract then add in flour blend until mixture comes together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, about 1 Tbsp each, and place 2-inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Make a small indentation with your thumb in each cookie (large enough to fit 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of jam). Fill each with 1/4 - 1/2 tsp jam.
- Pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Bake 14 - 18 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool. While the cookies cool, combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle cookies with glaze when when cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.