Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake is a moist red velvet cake stuffed with an entire cheesecake middle then topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting!
Are you looking for something incredible for dessert? Well this is it! This Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake is so good you’ll want to make it often.
Impress your family with this decadent Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake. It combines two popular treats into one baked dessert that you can make with ease. Perfect for the holidays, Christmas or even Valentines day!
What is red velvet cake ?
Red velvet cake is a traditionally crimson-colored chocolate layer cake with cream cheese icing.
When you’re looking forward to preparing an impressive dessert that will have your loved ones asking you for the recipe, give this delicious Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake recipe a try. It’s the kind of recipe that quickly pulls you in with its unique flavor and light, fluffy texture.
Easy Red Velvet Cheesecake
If you’re a cheesecake lover looking for a new way to prepare such a sweet treat, this recipe won’t disappoint. You can combine the taste of red velvet cake with a layer of moist and flavorful cheesecake to really get things going. It’s going to turn into one of the best desserts you’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting!
Why You’ll Love the Recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake
It’s full of flavor. Who doesn’t love a decadent, smooth dessert full of sweet and delicious flavor?
When you prepare this dessert, you’re getting the best of both worlds – a red velvet cake and a cheesecake in one.
It’s not hard to make this tasty baked treat. Your friends and family will love it!
Ingredients Needed to Make the Cake with Cheesecake Layer
Before you get started, you’ll need to grab a few specific ingredients to prepare this Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake, including:
Cream Cheese – You’ll need two packages of cream cheese to prepare this sweet treat.
Sugar – Add a sweeter touch to your cream cheese mixture with a bit of granulated sugar.
Heavy Whipping Cream – Be sure to use heavy whipping cream to give your cheesecake layer the perfect taste and texture.
Vanilla Extract – Enhance the taste of your cake and cheesecake layer by using vanilla extract.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – The cocoa powder is a must-have for the red velvet cake!
Red Food Coloring – Give your cake that special red color with a bit of red food coloring.
Baking Soda – Use baking soda to ensure that your cake rises to perfection and has the perfect texture.
While these are the primary ingredients needed, you’ll also need a few other ingredients, such as flour, sour cream, eggs, buttermilk, white vinegar, and vegetable oil.
What type of cream cheese should I use?
You’re going to need two 8-ounce packages of cream cheese. You can use any brand that you prefer, such as my personal favorite Philadelphia! Using a generic version of the cream cheese is fine, too!
What will I need to prepare the frosting for this dessert?
You’ll need three blocks of cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and butter.
What does the frosting taste like?
The frosting you’re using for this cake has a cream cheese flavor because you’re using cream cheese combined with the vanilla extract to make it. However, it has the perfect combination of ingredients so that it’s not too sweet.
Can I add toppings to this cake?
Absolutely! Chocolate shavings are a great addition to this cake. However, you can use other ingredients as toppings, including mini chocolate morsels, shredded coconut, or even chopped nuts. You might also want to add a bit of syrup on top of your cake as a finishing touch, such as chocolate syrup that you can drizzle over it. I did chocolate shavings!
After applying your first layer of frosting, be sure to set your cake in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to seal in all the crumbs. Once you remove it from the fridge, you may then add the second layer of frosting.
Cream your butter and cream cheese before adding in the powdered sugar to prepare the frosting. If it looks too thick, you can use a bit of heavy cream or water to make it slightly thinner.
Make sure you don’t overcook the cheesecake because you don’t want it to burn in the oven before you’ve had the chance to add it as a layer.
How to Store the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake
You can cover your cake in plastic wrap and then store it in the fridge for up to three days. If you want to have slices ready to eat, slice the cake into individual servings, wrap them in plastic wrap, and then place them in a large food storage bag before putting the bag in the fridge to keep your cake fresh.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Set Time: 6 hours to overnight
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese- softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Red Velvet Cake Layers:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese- softened
- 3/4 cup butter- softened
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9” springform pan with non-stick spray and cover the bottom with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer) cream the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and there are no lumps remaining.
- Mix in the sugar and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Finally, mix in sour cream, whipping cream, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake on 350 for 15 minutes then, without opening the oven door, reduce heat to 200 and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Once the 50 minutes is up, turn the heat off and slightly crack the oven door for about 20-30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to slowly cool.
(NOTE: this step is not necessary, however it helps reduce cracking)
- Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- It is important that the cheesecake is completely set before trying to stack.
- While the cheesecake is cooling prepare the cake layers by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and greasing 2- 9-inch cake pans by rubbing generously with vegetable shortening and dust with flour to coat completely and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, oil, buttermilk, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix on high for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool to room temperature then remove the cakes from the pan and wrap very well with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the fridge overnight (or you can freeze them, but I found just chilling them in the refrigerator was just fine for stacking).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese and butter for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix for an additional 2-3 minutes or until nice and fluffy.
- Take one layer of chilled cake and place face down on a cake plate or serving tray. Top with about ½ cup frosting and spread evenly over the cake.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform and flip the cheesecake face down over the cake layer.
- Remove the springform bottom and parchment paper. Top with about ½ cup of frosting and smooth.
- Continue with the remaining cake layer and spread a thin layer of frosting over the entire cake sealing in all the crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until the frosting sets slightly.
- Take the remaining frosting and smooth over the entire cake.
- Top with chocolate shavings if desired and serve
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.