This Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Rellenos Soup is very easy to prepare and is loaded full with sensational flavor.
It makes for a great busy week night dinner yet is fancy enough for company!
If you have never heard of chilie rellenos before, they are basically one of the most well known and loved Mexican dishes. Chile relleno translated is “stuffed chile.” My slow cooker soup version has all the flavor of regular chile rellenos, but without the carby breading and unhealthy frying!
I’m so excited to share this soup recipe with you all! I cannot wait for you to try this recipe, you will not be disappointed! I love all types of Spanish and Tex-Mex type of foods. I love to make dinner when we have guests, but I don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen while they are visiting. The slow cooker is perfect for that!
It is also possible to make it ahead of time and freeze in an airtight container for up to two months! It can be reheated without any loss of quality or flavor, which is amazing!
I’ve made this soup numerous times with fabulous reviews! The soup is so so good I could literally drink it LOL I have also used the leftover soup as a sauce and poured it over my chicken enchiladas that I baked! it was outstanding! There are so many things you can use in creative ways.
Stay tuned for my casserole version that I will be posting to the blog soon! It is insanely delicious!
YOU CAN ALWAYS FREEZE INDIVIDUAL PORTIONS AND HAVE IT FOR LUNCHES WHENEVER- ITS SUPER CONVENIENT AND DELICIOUS!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Relleno Soup
- 3 medium-large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 diced poblano peppers
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-oz) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add everything but the cream cheese and cheddar cheese to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Pick out the bay leaves and throw them away.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a large cutting board and shred with two forks.
- Set aside.
- Add a few ladles of the broth to a blender, along with the cream cheese.
- Cover and pulse until smooth.
- Pour this mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the cheese, then add back the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!