Slow Cooker Homemade Meatballs & Sauce is Italian comfort food at its best! Packed with sensational flavor, it simmers for hours, making the whole house smell incredible all while creating the ultimate dinner.
I adore easy slow cooker meals that taste fantastic and take minimal effort!
Everything is done all in the slow cooker, which results in some of the best tender homemade meatballs smothered in a flavorful sauce
I have a homemade Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce recipe (CLICK HERE) that is insanely popular all over facebook and pinterest- its crazy good! Be sure to check it out!
I also have a homemade Pan-Fried meatball recipe coming to the blog very soon, its one you are really going to want! Its my grandmothers recipe (she was born in Italy)- she taught it to me before she passed away at 102 years old!
This slow cooker recipe is definitely going to become a family favorite, its on heavy dinner rotation in our home! Even the leftover taste amazing the next day!
I have used this recipe and poured the sauce and meatballs over spaghetti (classic) and I have also used this recipe to make the ultimate best meatball parmesan subs that everyone went nuts for!
These can even be an appetizer! Just stick toothpicks in the meatballs and serve on a party tray! Its such a versatile recipe!
I know some people are leary of throwing the uncooked meatballs in without first pre-cooking them, but this is by far the best meatballs & sauce you will ever make. The meatballs will end up nicely browned and cooked throughout, while still being extremely tender! They will not overcook!
perfectly paired with a salad and a huge loaf of fresh crusty garlic bread on the side! Its sure to be a winning combination!
It freezes beautifully and can be made in advance and stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to two months.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Homemade Meatballs and Sauce
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley. chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced petite tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp. crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- chopped basil for serving
- Mix all meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Form a ball with a little over 1 Tbsp. of the meatball mixture (roughly the size of a golf ball). Continue until mixture is gone. Place meatballs into the slow cooker.
- Pour all sauce ingredients on top of the meatballs and cover.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Stir the sauce to combine.Continue cooking on low for an additional 6 hours, stirring every 2 hours. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan and chopped basil.
- Serve hot over pasta and enjoy!