This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole is layers of juicy chicken, beans, corn, tortillas and gooey cheese, all smothered in enchilada sauce and baked right in your slow cooker!
The perfect Mexican meal that the entire family is sure to love!
This sensational casserole is so easy to throw together! It has all the great flavors of traditional chicken enchiladas but done right in the slow cooker!
It has layers of deliciousness – each layer is filled with chicken, beans, corn, lots of cheese and enchilada sauce!
I used flour tortillas for this recipe because my family likes them more, but this recipe can easily be made with corn tortillas if you’d prefer!
This is the perfect weeknight dinner that is not only a family favorite but its so easy to make!
One of the best parts of this dinner is all of the ingredients are budget friendly!
You can also use shredded beef in this recipe instead of the chicken for something different with the same great taste!
Even the leftovers taste amazing the next day!!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (28 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 10 corn tortillas, sliced in strips
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of whole sweet corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Add chicken breasts to a slow cooker and sprinkles onions over the top of them, then pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Shred chicken, add tortilla strips then sprinkle beans and corn evenly over each layer of tortilla strips to the slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Add about half of the cheddar cheese and olives, stir, and smooth everything into an even layer. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and olives, cover, and let cook on HIGH for about 1 hour.